lbcd To-Do List
* Implement a new protocol that requires a secret key in order to
return a reply in order to prevent lbcd from being used as a DoS
attack reflector. Provide command-line options to specify IP
ranges that don't require the key and can use the old protocol.
* The reported load numbers can wrap around at high loads.
* Support the port argument for all of the protocol tests except HTTP
(which already supports it).
* The on_console code doesn't work properly on IRIX.
* Drop portability to systems without hsearch.
* Add a portability layer for utmp.
* Move the various standard modules out of the main code into the modules
directory so that they're treated like all other modules.
* Convert booleans to bool type.
* Change all the uses of atoi to strtol with proper input checking.
* Pass lbcd_service structs into the check modules instead of separate
* More testing is needed to make sure that file descriptors are not
leaked when doing service probes, that querying multiple services
remotely works corectly, and that the daemon works when pounded on.
* It's not clear whether protocol v3 is worth it, and it's definitely
unclear how service information is requested by the client and returned
as part of the v3 support. Better documentation is needed here, if v3
ends up being worthwhile to keep.