Revision history for Perl extension UNIVERSAL::AUTOLOAD_CAN.
0.01 Sat Apr 9 4:30 PDT 2005
- Wrote module and released on CPAN.
0.02 Sat Apr 9 17:40 PDT 2005
- Fixed a bug where errors were reported on the wrong line.
- Added comment in code explaining a surprising argument order.
0.03 Sat Apr 9 23:20 PDT 2005
- Added strict. Originally this was left out because of how many
symbolic references there are, but adding it caught one accidental
global. (Which could have led to an object having a longer life
- Removed an internal debugging hook (installed/_installed) that I
used in development.
- Thanks to a suggestion from Joshua Jore (diotalevi on perlmonks)
I noticed that Module::Build has "traditional" that I can use
instead of "passthrough", thereby removing the dependency that
users have Module::Build installed.
- Cleaned up the AUTOLOAD stuff. I find it bizarre that if I
assign a typeglob to your classes AUTOLOAD, $AUTOLOAD is set in
my class when that is called. Convenient, but bizarre.
- I only need to call the original UNIVERSAL::can on a call to can,
not to AUTOLOAD. (If you reach AUTOLOAD, you know that it will
fail to find anything with the original UNIVERSAL::can.)
- Removed use of no warnings. Together with the "traditional" change
this should make my module work on Perl 5.005_04.
- While I'm at it, use a backwards compatibility trick. This module
now has a chance of working all of the way back to 5.003.
- I had not duplicated all of Perl's message on missing methods.
Improved compatibility and added tests.
- Changed the order of testing for CAN and checking installed. The
new order is likely to be slightly more efficient. Not that
anything else about this module is efficient...