Hi, this is your friendly neighbourhood co-maintainer DCANTRELL speaking.
I persuaded the nice firstname.lastname@example.org people to make me a co-maintainer of
this module because I had patches to apply and the original author - Fabien
Tassin - seems to have gone AWOL.
You will notice if you look at my review of Fabien's last version that I
have some criticism of his choice of interface. It is *not* my intention
to "fix" that. For better or worse, that is the current interface, and
that's the interface that plenty of existing code, mine included, is using.
To change it now after the module has been stable for so long would be
I do not want to take Fabien's work away from him. If he shows up again
and would rather I didn't remain as a co-maintainer, then that's just fine
by me. The less code I have to maintain the better as far as I'm concerned!
I only volunteered to maintain this because I use it a lot, and I got bit
by bugs. Well, not so much bugs, as unexpected happenings. In particular,
it didn't intelligently Do The Right Thing when comparing Scalar::Properties
If I'd thought about what an S::P object was I would have realised what was
going to happen. So anyway, when I was patching Data::Compare to be a bit
more intelligent about S::Ps, I also spotted a potential bug to do with how
Fabien had used /o on a regex match, so I fixed that too. And then because
I'd been talking about this on IRC, Anthony Fisher contributed a patch to
fix some brokenness to do with how it handled references to refernces.
Then I added features :-)