Revision history for Perl extension Dist-Zilla-LocaleTextDomain
- Updated docs to reflect proper ShareDir support in Locale::TextDomain
v1.21 and higher.
- Various documentation corrections.
- Added `finder` attribute to customize the files that are searched for
localization strings. Previously, only `*.pm` files were searched, but
now will be extracted from files below `lib/` and the files in the
directory configured for the `ExecDir` plug-in (if loaded). Edit the
`finder` attribute in the `LocaleTextDomain` section of `dist.ini` to
change this behavior. Thanks to Manfred Stock for the patch!
- Updated file gathering to suport Dist::Zilla 5.0's improved character
- Fixed Pod link to actually link.
- Added diagnostic output to some tests to help figure out why they fail
on some platforms.
- Added code to the installer to throw an error if the version of GNU
gettext appears to be less then v0.17.0. v0.17.0 is required for the
`--package-name` and `--package-version` options.
- Changed `msg-compile` to take a list of file names, rather than
language codes. This brings it in line with the interface of
- Added a section for translators to the documentation.
- Changed some logging output to be prefixed with `[LocalTextDomain]`
rather than `[DZ]`.
- Added the `msg-compile` command, which allows one to arbitrarily
compile one or more language catalogs. This should be useful for
translators who want to test a catalog as they translate it.
- Added improved failure message when GNU gettext cannot be found, as
well as slightly improved detection of the fact that it's not
installed. Thanks to Jeff Lavallee for the box to test it on.
- Fixed broken call to `log_fatal` in the `msg-init` command that caused
the actual error to be lost in favor of a bad method call error. Thanks
Joenio Costa for the patch.
- Added a note on how to get Locale::TextDomain to return character
strings instead of byte strings.
- Now refuse to build if `gettext --version` does not work at build time.
- Removed tests for the `add_lang` command, which was never shipped,
but renamed `msg_init`.
- Switched from `system()` to IPC::Run3, so that STDOUT and STDERR
messages can be passed to the Dist::Zilla logger.
- Added new `dzil` commands:
+ `msg-scan` - Scan modules for messages to create translation template file
+ `msg-init` - Create a new language translation file
+ `msg-merge` - Merge message changes into translation files
- Added short tutorial as main documentation, Dist::Zilla::LocaleTextDomain.
- Initial release with just the LocaleTextDomain plugin.