/* _______ ____ __ ___ ___
* \ _ \ \ / \ / \ \ / / ' ' '
* | | \ \ | | || | \/ | . .
* | | | | | | || ||\ /| |
* | | | | | | || || \/ | | ' ' '
* | | | | | | || || | | . .
* | |_/ / \ \__// || | |
* /_______/ynamic \____/niversal /__\ /____\usic /| . . ibliotheque
* / \
* / . \
* licence.txt - Conditions for use of DUMB. / / \ \
* | < / \_
* If you do not agree to these terms, please | \/ /\ /
* do not use DUMB. \_ / > /
* | \ / /
* Information in [brackets] is provided to aid | ' /
* interpretation of the licence. \__/
Dynamic Universal Music Bibliotheque, Version 0.9.3
Copyright (C) 2001-2005 Ben Davis, Robert J Ohannessian and Julien Cugniere
This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty.
In no event shall the authors be held liable for any damages arising from the
use of this software.
Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose,
including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it
freely, subject to the following restrictions:
1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not claim
that you wrote the original software. If you use this software in a
product, you are requested to acknowledge its use in the product
documentation, along with details on where to get an unmodified version of
this software, but this is not a strict requirement.
[Note that the above point asks for a link to DUMB, not just a mention.
Googling for DUMB doesn't help much! The URL is "http://dumb.sf.net/".]
[The link was originally strictly required. This was changed for two
reasons. Firstly, if many projects request an acknowledgement, the list of
acknowledgements can become quite unmanageable. Secondly, DUMB was placing
a restriction on the code using it, preventing people from using the GNU
General Public Licence which disallows any such restrictions. See
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/bsd.html for more information on this
subject. However, if DUMB plays a significant part in your project, we do
urge you to acknowledge its use.]
2. Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be
misrepresented as being the original software.
3. This notice may not be removed from or altered in any source distribution.
4. If you are using the Program in someone else's bedroom on any Monday at
3:05 pm, you are not allowed to modify the Program for ten minutes. [This
clause provided by Inphernic; every licence should contain at least one
clause, the reasoning behind which is far from obvious.]
5. Users who wish to use DUMB for the specific purpose of playing music are
required to feed their dog on every full moon (if deemed appropriate).
[This clause provided by Allefant, who couldn't remember what Inphernic's
6. No clause in this licence shall prevent this software from being depended
upon by a product licensed under the GNU General Public Licence. If such a
clause is deemed to exist, Debian, then it shall be respected in spirit as
far as possible and all other clauses shall continue to apply in full
We regret that we cannot provide any warranty, not even the implied warranty
of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Some files generated or copied by automake, autoconf and friends are
available in an extra download. These fall under separate licences but are
all free to distribute. Please check their licences as necessary.