0.03 2004-09-11 email@example.com
* Now compiles with older versions of FreeType, at least back to 2.0.9.
There are macro #if directives to conditionalize the code on the version,
based on the FreeType changelogs and grepping of various versions of
the source, so it should work with lots of different versions now.
The POD documents the features that aren't available in older versions.
* Various changes to make it compile under Perl 5.6.1.
* When loading a bitmapped font, set the pixel size to the first fixed
size, which should usually be the right thing. Seems to be necessary
on older versions of FreeType (at least 2.0.9) which don't do this
* Added a few more tests for extracting bitmaps (including from a Windows FNT
format file added to the distribution), and made tests that use the BDF
font skip if the version of FreeType is too old to support BDF fonts.
* Don't export the FT_LOAD_RENDER or FT_LOAD_MONOCHROME symbols, because
they aren't needed. The bitmaps are always rendered when you ask for
the bitmap image, and you can pass FT_RENDER_MODE_MONO to bitmap() to
0.02 2004-09-10 firstname.lastname@example.org
* The methods that return bitmap images have been changed to also return
the left and top offsets of the bitmap from the origin of the glyph, so
that the images can be properly positioned within a larger picture.
* Added the svg_path() method and an example for generating an SVG image
showing a single glyph.
* Better checking in $ft->version().
* Make sure that glyph outlines can be accessed even if the first thing
done to a glyph is to get its bitmap. Added tests for doing this both
ways round. The solution could be better though.
* Added methods $face->ascender() and $face->descender().
* Added method $glyph->bitmap_magick() and an example program demonstrating
its use, as well as using ImageMagick drawing functions to render outlines.
* Added test for POD correctness.
* Provided a better META.yml file.
* Minor change to typemap for older Perls.
0.01 2004-06-09 email@example.com
* Initial version.