Additional license notices for Libgcrypt. -*- org -*-
This file contains the copying permission notices for various files in
the Libgcrypt distribution which are not covered by the GNU Lesser
General Public License (LGPL) or the GNU General Public License (GPL).
These notices all require that a copy of the notice be included
in the accompanying documentation and be distributed with binary
distributions of the code, so be sure to include this file along
with any binary distributions derived from the GNU C Library.
Copyright (c) 2012, Intel Corporation
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are
* Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
documentation and/or other materials provided with the
* Neither the name of the Intel Corporation nor the names of its
contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from
this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY INTEL CORPORATION "AS IS" AND ANY
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL INTEL CORPORATION OR
CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL,
EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR
PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING
NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
- random/rndjent.c (plus common Libgcrypt copyright holders)
* Copyright Stephan Mueller <firstname.lastname@example.org>, 2013
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, and the entire permission notice in its entirety,
* including the disclaimer of warranties.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* 3. The name of the author may not be used to endorse or promote
* products derived from this software without specific prior
* written permission.
* ALTERNATIVELY, this product may be distributed under the terms of
* the GNU General Public License, in which case the provisions of the GPL are
* required INSTEAD OF the above restrictions. (This clause is
* necessary due to a potential bad interaction between the GPL and
* the restrictions contained in a BSD-style copyright.)
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
* WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES
* OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ALL OF
* WHICH ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE
* LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
* CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT
* OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR
* BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF
* LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
* (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE
* USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH
* X License
Copyright (C) 1994 X Consortium
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to
deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the
rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or
sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
X CONSORTIUM BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNEC-
TION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Except as contained in this notice, the name of the X Consortium shall not
be used in advertising or otherwise to promote the sale, use or other deal-
ings in this Software without prior written authorization from the X Consor-
* Public domain
Author: Marc Bevand <bevand_m (at) epita.fr>
Licence: I hereby disclaim the copyright on this code and place it
in the public domain.
* OCB license 1
OCB is covered by several patents but may be used freely by most
software. See http://web.cs.ucdavis.edu/~rogaway/ocb/license.htm .
In particular license 1 is suitable for Libgcrypt: See
http://web.cs.ucdavis.edu/~rogaway/ocb/license1.pdf for the full
license document; it basically says:
License 1 — License for Open-Source Software Implementations of OCB
(Jan 9, 2013)
Under this license, you are authorized to make, use, and
distribute open-source software implementations of OCB. This
license terminates for you if you sue someone over their
open-source software implementation of OCB claiming that you have
a patent covering their implementation.
License for Open Source Software Implementations of OCB
January 9, 2013
1.1 “Licensor” means Phillip Rogaway.
1.2 “Licensed Patents” means any patent that claims priority to United
States Patent Application No. 09/918,615 entitled “Method and Apparatus
for Facilitating Efficient Authenticated Encryption,” and any utility,
divisional, provisional, continuation, continuations-in-part, reexamination,
reissue, or foreign counterpart patents that may issue with respect to the
aforesaid patent application. This includes, but is not limited to, United
States Patent No. 7,046,802; United States Patent No. 7,200,227; United
States Patent No. 7,949,129; United States Patent No. 8,321,675 ; and any
patent that issues out of United States Patent Application No. 13/669,114.
1.3 “Use” means any practice of any invention claimed in the Licensed Patents.
1.4 “Software Implementation” means any practice of any invention
claimed in the Licensed Patents that takes the form of software executing on
a user-programmable, general-purpose computer or that takes the form of a
computer-readable medium storing such software. Software Implementation does
not include, for example, application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs),
field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), embedded systems, or IP cores.
1.5 “Open Source Software” means software whose source code is published
and made available for inspection and use by anyone because either (a) the
source code is subject to a license that permits recipients to copy, modify,
and distribute the source code without payment of fees or royalties, or
(b) the source code is in the public domain, including code released for
public use through a CC0 waiver. All licenses certified by the Open Source
Initiative at opensource.org as of January 9, 2013 and all Creative Commons
licenses identified on the creativecommons.org website as of January 9,
2013, including the Public License Fallback of the CC0 waiver, satisfy these
requirements for the purposes of this license.
1.6 “Open Source Software Implementation” means a Software
Implementation in which the software implicating the Licensed Patents is
Open Source Software. Open Source Software Implementation does not include
any Software Implementation in which the software implicating the Licensed
Patents is combined, so as to form a larger program, with software that is
not Open Source Software.
2 License Grant
2.1 License. Subject to your compliance with the term s of this license,
including the restriction set forth in Section 2.2, Licensor hereby
grants to you a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable,
non-sublicenseable, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable license to practice
any invention claimed in the Licensed Patents in any Open Source Software
2.2 Restriction. If you or your affiliates institute patent litigation
(including, but not limited to, a cross-claim or counterclaim in a lawsuit)
against any entity alleging that any Use authorized by this license
infringes another patent, then any rights granted to you under this license
automatically terminate as of the date such litigation is filed.
YOUR USE OF THE LICENSED PATENTS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND UNLESS REQUIRED
BY APPLICABLE LAW, LICENSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY
KIND CONCERNING THE LICENSED PATENTS OR ANY PRODUCT EMBODYING ANY LICENSED
PATENT, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUT ORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT
LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY
CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE,
ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO ANY USE OF THE LICENSED PATENTS, INCLUDING,
WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE
OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF LICENSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
SUCH DAMAGES PRIOR TO SUCH AN OCCURRENCE.