Python wrapper for libiptcdata
- Ian Wienand <email@example.com>
The iptcdata module is a wrapper around libiptcdata designed for
updating IPTC information in JPEG files. It can be enabled by passing
--enable-python to configure. It will produce a module called
An iptcdata.Data object holds a list of iptcdata.DataSet objects.
Values can be added and modified, but are only written back when the
Data object's save() function is called. There are a handful of
functions to query record numbers, etc.
* pyiptcdatamod.c : module implementation
* pyiptcdata.c : iptcdata.Data object implementation
* pyiptcdataset.c : iptcdata.DataSet object implementation
* examples/*.py : some example/test programs using the library
Each DataSet object holds a reference to the Data object; only once
they are cleared will the Data object go away. To handle the case
where references are held to a closed Data object, each object has a
state describing it's current validity. Operations on objects in an
invalid state should raise an exception saying as much.