Standard Windows DLL
The DLL provided in the BCB/win32dll directory is meant as the sole candidate
for distributions, based on libmng.dll, that install the DLL into the public
Windows system-directory. The outline herein defines the requirements to
which such a distribution must comply. If you cannot comply with these
requirements please install the dll in the same directory as your application
and NOT in the Windows system-directory!!!
1) Only the DLL already assembled in the libmng distribution may be used for
2) Only stable public releases are eligible for distribution! A public release
is one where the y-value of the x.y.z version-code is an even number.
Eg. 1.0.0, 1.2.1, 2.4.7, etc.
3) The installation program MUST store the DLL in the Windows system-directory!
Eg. C:\WinNT\System32, C:\Windows98\System
(Note: InstallShield users can use the <SYSDIR> variable)
3) The installation program MUST flag the file as a shared library!
4) The installation program MUST NOT install the DLL if a newer version
already exists in the Windows system-directory! The standard DLL provided
contains the Windows-default version-numbering system. PLEASE USE IT!!
DO NOT rely on the date or size of the files.
5) An uninstall procedure MAY NOT remove the DLL if other applications are
still linked to it! Proper handling as a shared library is imperitive.
6) TEST IT, TEST IT, TEST IT!!! (I just can't stress this enough)
If you don't have enough time, let someone else test it BEFORE you
The penalty for violating these rules is inclusion of your name in the list
of endangered but useless species (just below the GIF entry!), and on my
blacklist. YOU HAVE BEEN FOREWARNED!