Revision history for Perl module Net::Traceroute::PurePerl.
0.10 Sun Aug 27 21:08:00 MST 206 (ahoying)
- Official .10 release
- Fixed more bugs in the core traceroute code.
- Updated the POD with documentation for the changes since 0.02
- Updated readme with changes to the POD
0.10_02 Fri Aug 25 17:02:00 MST 2006 (ahoying)
- Rewrote traceroute core to not use Net::RawIP but instead do all the
heavy lifting internal to this module.
- Added support for concurrent queries, defaults to 6, tested up to 90
- Added support for ICMP traceroutes, still defaults to UDP
- Removed libpcap requirement
- Added support for setting the first hop
- Added support for binding to a specific interface
- Changed pretty_print to closely match traceroute(1) output
- Added example traceroute.pl which closely matches traceroute(1)
- Updated the simple.pl to allow a host to be given as an argument
and changed it to use ICMP by default
- Added test case t/01_trace.t
- Updated Makefile.PL
- Removed automatic IP to host name resolution
- Added support to resolve router IPs in pretty_print function
Net::Traceroute::PurePerl no longer resolves router IPs when adding hops. IPs
have to be resolved by the calling program or by calling pretty_print with a
positive value as an argument.
Also the current version does not correctly detect network unreachable and
other nonstandard ICMP errors. This can lead to problems on networks where
these errors are sent instead of a port unreachable or ttl exceeded packet.
The complete internal working of the module was rewritten, so those relying
on private methods or functions will find their code no longer works. Other
incompatibilities may have been accidentally introduced as well.
0.01 Thu Oct 24 11:57:07 2002
- original version; created by h2xs 1.21 with options
-X -n Net::Traceroute::PurePerl