Stuff that needs to be done and wishlist:
These are in no particular order.
Some might be dupes, some might be done already.
- OS/2: Codepages. No full Unicode in the filesystem, but we can probably make
a conversion effort.
- Other archivers: perhaps tar(.gz|.bz2), RPM, ARJ, etc. These are less
important, since streaming archives aren't of much value to games (which
is why zipfiles are king: random access), but it could have uses for, say,
- Reduce malloc() pressure all over the place. We fragment memory like mad.
- profile string list interpolation.
- We have two different ways to find dir entries in zip.c.
- Do symlinks in zip archiver work when they point to dirs?
- Enable more warnings?
- Use __cdecl in physfs.h?
- Look for FIXMEs (many marked with "!!!" in comments).
- Find some way to relax or remove the security model for external tools.
- OSX shouldn't use ~/.app for userdir.
- fscanf and fprintf support in extras dir.
- Why do we call it openArchive and dirClose?
- Sanity check byte order at runtime.
- Memory locking?
- Find a better name than dvoid and fvoid.
- Can windows.c and pocketpc.c get merged?
- There's so much cut-and-paste between archivers...can this be reduced?
- General code audit.
- Multiple write dirs with mount points?
- Deprecate PHYSFS_setSaneConfig and move it to extras?
- Why is physfsrwops.c cut-and-pasted into the ruby bindings?
- Replace code from SDL...
- Should file enumeration return an error or set error state?
- Need "getmountpoint" command in test_physfs.c ...
- Look for calloc() calls that aren't going through the allocation hooks.
- Write up a simple HOWTO on embedding physicsfs in another project.
- Archivers need abstracted i/o to read from memory or files (archives in archives?)
- Probably other stuff. Requests and recommendations are welcome.
// end of TODO.txt ...