Changes in 1.7.2 (May 2015)
- Adapted platform detection for Linux 4.*
Thanks to C. Affolter for reporting the issue (CPAN ticket 104652)
Changes in 1.7.1 (September 2013)
- "make test" now aborts if STDOUT is not a terminal, same as already
for STDIN. Suggested by Alexandr Ciornii via CPAN ticket 82564.
Changes in 1.7.0 (August 2013)
- Added support for the new NetBSD 6.0 quota system (libquota)
Thanks to David Holland and Edgar Fuss
- To support limits and usage >= 2^32 on 32-bit clients, Quota::setqlim
and Quota::query interfaces were changed to use double (NV) instead
of integer (IV). This should be transparent to users of the module.
Changes in 1.6.7 (November 2011)
- Added support to detect 3.x Linux kernels
Thanks to Salvatore Bonaccorso of the Debian Perl Group
Changes in 1.6.6 (June 2011)
- Ignore "rootfs" filesystem in Quota::getqcarg() on Linux, which always
is a duplicate. Thanks to "abaturin" for providing this patch.
- Made test.pl exit immediately when AUTOMATED_TESTING is set in the
environment (same as when called not from a tty), as all tests require
user interaction. Changed on request of TODDR of cpan.org
Changes in 1.6.5 (January 2011)
- Fixed syntax error and missing init for params to setqlim()
Thanks to Heinrich Mislik for reporting the bugs
Changes in 1.6.4 (January 2010)
- Fixed RPC quota block count truncation to 32bit (CPAN ticket 52813 )
Thanks to Lloyd Brown for reporting the bug
Changes in 1.6.3 (December 2008)
- Fixed SEG fault for 32-bit Linux clients on top of 64-bit kernels
Thanks to Jani Ollikainen (pronetko.fi) for reporting and debugging this.
Thanks to Thomas Rzipa for reporting this issue, too.
- Fixed setqlim to allow setting limits exceeding 2^32 blocks or files.
The current solution will work only for perl executables which support
64-bit wide integers (e.g. x86-64)
Changes in 1.6.2 (January 2008)
- Fixed memory leak in RPC authentication
Thanks again to Kostik (koc at rol.ru)
Changes in 1.6.1 (November 2007)
- Adapted hints/bsd.h to use statvfs instead of statfs in NetBSD 3.0
- Added support for extended quota RPC to allow querying group quotas.
Thanks to Kostik (koc AT rol.ru) for the suggestion.
Changes in 1.6.0 (October 2007)
- Work-around for different getmntent() semantics for linux loop mounts
Thanks Wouter de Jong (email@example.com) for reporting this issue.
- (late) version bump due to the interface change in 1.5.2
Changes in 1.5.2 (October 2007)
- Added support for new quotactl() parameters in JFS2 on AIX 5.3.
Thanks to Joshua Frigerio (firstname.lastname@example.org) for providing a development
account. (Note: also prepared support for JFS2 quota classes; this is
yet unfinished and untested. See sub-directory contrib/aix_jfs2_class)
- Added support for XFS project quotas on request of
Sten Spans (email@example.com); received no feedback it if works.
Changed the "isgrp" param to Quota::query() and setqlim() from boolean
into an enum: 0:=user, 1:=group, 2:=project quotas.
- Added a copyright notice to the main module and the manual page on
request of the Debian maintainer.
Changes in 1.5.1 (July 2005)
- Added new API function rpcauth: use non-default authentication for RPC
Patch submitted by Karol Lassak
- Makefile fix for Linux: compile linuxapi.c with default CFLAGS
because for 64-bit systems -fPIC is required. Patches submitted
by David Lee and James Olin Oden; used a different solution though.
Changes in 1.5.0 (Nov 2004)
- Added new API function rpcpeer: set port and protocol for RPC queries.
On request by Sten Spans (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Changes in 1.4.11 (Aug 2004)
- Updated VxFS detection in Makefile.PL for recent Solaris/VxFS versions
Thanks to Joshua Frigerio for the info and to Keith Clay for verification.
- tiny syntax cleanup in linuxapi.c
Changes in 1.4.10 (Jan 2004)
- Applied patch by Antti Tapaninen (aet at cc.hut.fi) to add support
for MacOS X (based on BSD config) and NFS3 support for AIX.
- Applied patch by Chris Adams (cmadams at hiwaay.net) to avoid warning
in Quota::getqcarg() on systems where getmntent(3) may return invalid
mount points, e.g. Tru64 UNIX
Changes in 1.4.9 (Aug 2003)
- Applied patch by Wolfgang.Friebel@desy.de: Changed AFS quota support,
now based on OpenAFS instead of arla and Kerberos4.
Changes in 1.4.8 (May 2003)
- fixed bug in linuxapi.c, thanks to Shane DeRidder
Changes in 1.4.7 (May 2003)
- adapted for the latest fashion of Linux quota APIs (version 6.5.1)
Thanks to Jay R. Wren, Shane DeRidder, Roman "romke" and Geoffrey Pan
for your infos and feedback.
- added quota threshold monitoring script to the contrib directory.
Thanks to Ziaur Rahman.
Changes in 1.4.6 (August 2002)
- changed the test script to exit if STDIN is not a terminal device.
This is an interactive script which cannot be run by CPANPLUS.
Changes in 1.4.5 (July 2002)
- replaced use of macro BCOPY with libc function memcpy() because of build
problems on Solaris 2.8 (bcopy is depreciated now anyways)
Thanks to Jost Krieger and Paul Sand for reporting this problem.
Changes in 1.4.4 (June 2002)
- bugfix in Quota::getqcarg(): the function failed if the device id returned
by stat(2) for the queried path was zero (e.g. for the root fs on NetBSD)
Thanks to Jake Fan (email@example.com) for reporting this bug.
Changes in 1.4.3 (May 2002)
- updated for new version of Solaris VxFS (Veritas Filesystem)
by David Lee (T.D.Lee@durham.ac.uk)
Changes in 1.4.2 (Jan. - Mar. 2002)
- fixed test.pl to allow uids with more than 5 digits.
Thanks to Neil Prockter (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the fix.
- updated Linux quota version detection with quota-tools 3.04;
removed compile-time version detection because it caused problems;
added switch LINUX_API_VERSION to hints/linux.h to allow to hard-wire
the API in case the automatic version detection fails.
Changes in 1.4.1 (Sep. 2001 - Jan. 2002)
- added support for an older (intermediate?) version of the new Linux Quota
API which contains a mixture of v1 and v2 command ids (uses the old GETSTAT
id, however with the new and larger struct as argument). Required for
RedHat-7.1. Thanks to Andy Choi (email@example.com) for pointing this out.
- enabled RPC in hints/bsd.h
Confirmed to work on FreeBSD by Alex Batko (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- fixed several glitches in the manual page.
Changes in 1.4 (August 2001)
- added support for the Alan Cox (ac) branch of the Linux kernel which uses a
new and completely backwards incompatible Quota API. The API version is
determined dynamically by use of Q_GETSTATS/v2, i.e. the same module
binary will work on kernels with either API. Since the Linux quota API now
needs some very special handling, I moved it into a separate file called
linuxapi.c. NOTE: internally the module still uses the old (v1) dqblk
structure, so any advantages the new struct mem_dqblk might have are not
present here. Let me know if this is a problem for you.
- commented out #define LINUX_RQUOTAD_BUG in hints/linux.h as this should
no longer be needed on most systems. Updated INSTALL and README accordingly.
- removed the Linux syscall wrapper in quotactl.c as this is now in libc.
- changed copyright from "none/public domain" to Artistic License (not to
restrict usage, but simply to include the legal disclaimers)
- fixed bug in Quota::query() and setqlim(): when argument isgrp was present
but 0, the functions still did work on group quotas instead of user quotas.
Thanks to Szymon Juraszczyk (email@example.com) for pointing this out.
Changes in 1.3.4 (May 2001)
- added support for SGI XFS on Linux. Thanks to Brian Johnson
(firstname.lastname@example.org) for providing a development account.
Changes in 1.3.3 (May 2001)
- bugfix Quota::query, branch NO_RPC: forgot to set error flag, arbitrary
results were returned; Pointed out by Mahlon Smith <email@example.com>
- fixed declaration of GQR_* macros for RPC in hints/bsd.h
RPC still untested for BSD though
- fixed OpenBSD2.7 fix from last release: replaced macro OpenBSD2_7 with
__OpenBSD__ because the former is not defined in 2.8 anymore.
Reported by Lou Hevly (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- fixed hints/linux.h for RedHat 7.1: use sys/quota.h instead of linux/quota.h
because the former has an incompatible definition of struct dqblk.
[NOTE: this change proved to be wrong and was undone in 1.4]
Reported by Waldemar Krotkiewicz (email@example.com), Andy Choi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
and Brian Johnson (email@example.com).
Changes in 1.3.2 (February 2001)
- please note my new email address: tomzo AT nefkom DOT net
- fixed AFS detection in Makefile.PL for Perl 5.6
thanks to Wolfgang Friebel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- adapted getmntent for incompatible change of struct statfs in OpenBSD 2.7
thanks to email@example.com
- adapted getqcarg for for OpenBSD and BSDi: define QCARG_MNTPT for all BSD os
as reported by firstname.lastname@example.org and Chee-Wai Yeung <email@example.com>
- fixed block to kB conversion in Quota::query() for VxFS
as reported by Rui Monteiro <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- renamed config.h symlink to myconfig.h to avoid conflict with Perl config
Changes in 1.3.1 (October 2000)
- added support for NetBSD, merged hints for BSD-based systems
by Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
- fixed include file name for vxquotactl.h
changed quota block factors Q_DIV/Q_MUL from 1 to 2 for Veritas fs
Thanks to David Lee (T.D.Lee@durham.ac.uk)
- added automatic recognition of HPUX B.11 in Makefile.PL
by Albert Chin (email@example.com)
Changes in 1.3: (January 2000)
- bugfix/enhanced support for OSF/1 and Digital Unix:
getqcarg used wrong path to quotas file and
NFS file systems were not recognized when in "/path@host" format in mtab
provided by Victor Mora (Victor.Mora@ac.upc.es) and
Alessandro Miotto (Alessandro.Miotto@cern.ch)
- added support for FreeBSD.
provided by Kurt Jaeger (pi@complx.LF.net)
and Jon Schewe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- added support for Veritas file system (VxFS) on Solaris
provided by David Lee (T.D.Lee@durham.ac.uk),
Michael Gerdts (email@example.com) and
Daniel Hagerty (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Beta-tested by John Randell Smith (email@example.com).
- added workaround for yet another bug in Linux rpc.rquotad:
rquotad reports grace times as absolute values instead of relative
bug found by Seth Vidal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- fixed grace time output for Y2K in test.pl
- fixed bug in group-quota patch as pointed out by email@example.com
incorporated the patch into the distribution.
- fixed possible integer overflow in RPC quota block size conversions for
very large quota limits; pointed out by Peter.Pickford (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- added warning to Makefile.PL if config.h symlink already exists
Changes in 1.2.3: (April 1999)
- added patch-file "group-quota.patch" that provides optional
support for group-quotas (on some OS versions and localhost only)
- added auto-detection for AFS by Wolfgang Friebel
- fixed include path for AFS in Quota.xs
Changes in 1.2.2: (December 1998)
- fixed 2 problems in getqcarg()
thanks to email@example.com for pointing those out.
Changes in 1.2: (November 1998)
- added support for AIX 4.1 (thanks to Wolfgang Friebel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
for providing a development account)
- added support for AFS (Andrew File System) by arla-0.13
on the following platforms: AIX, SunOS, Solaris, HP-UX, IRIX 6, Linux
with much help from Wolfgang Friebel.
Changes in 1.1.2: (August 1998)
- changed names of tar archive and module directory
- fixed message for getqcarg failure in test.pl
- compatibility with sfio (moved fopen and fclose to seperate file)
suggested by Christoph Lupe (email@example.com) - yet UNTESTED
- fixed problems with Solaris automounter (ignore lofs mounts in getqcarg)
Changes in 1.1: (August 1998)
- added support for Linux (thanks to Steve Nolan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
for providing a development account)
- added OpenBSD 2.2 support, provided by James Shelburne (email@example.com)
- added syntax fixes (2 additional #includes) for IRIX 6.4
provided by Subhendu Ghosh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- support for IRIX xfs filesystems (additional to the older efs fs)
provided by David Lloyd (email@example.com)
Changes in 1.0:
(That's the version that's been released with O'Reillys Perl Resource Books)
- improved documentation, now provided in pod format inside Quota.pm
- finally fixed errno.h problem in Quota.pm
Thanks to Tobias Oetiker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- added BSDI port by Jim Hribnak (email@example.com)
unfortunately without RPC support.
- small fixes for OSF/1
- more hints in hints/none.h
- I've again received requests for Linux ports. However since I don't
have access to an installation with quota support, I can't do this
myself. I've included a config file that compiles without warnings
on our system ("Red Hat for Sparc" or something), but I can't run it.
If anyone gets it to work with or without RPC, please contact me.
Changes in 0.3a:
- started port for Linux 2.0; still needs some work.
Compiles correctly, but RPC call fails.
- workarounds for HP-UX/10 bug in test script
(SYNC without arguments doesn't work)
- some cleanup in Query.pm
fixes 0.2a's problems with the autoloader under perl-5.003
Changes in 0.2a:
- need generic getqcarg instead of getdev, because:
- added support for Solaris, OSF/1 (which operate without access to
the according block device) Required extensive code changes.
- getqcarg recognizes if path points into a NFS file system
- query() may take NFS path as argument (in form host:/path)
Thanks to David Lee <T.D.Lee@durham.ac.uk> for alpha-testing on Solaris
and suggesting the two latter improvements.