# SFML — Simple and Fast Multimedia Library
SFML is a simple, fast, cross-platform and object-oriented multimedia API. It provides access to windowing, graphics, audio and network. It is written in C++, and has bindings for various languages such as C, .Net, Ruby, Python.
- Laurent Gomila — main developer (email@example.com)
- Marco Antognini — OS X developer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jonathan De Wachter — Android developer (email@example.com)
- Jan Haller (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Stefan Schindler (email@example.com)
- Lukas Dürrenberger (eXpl0it3r@sfml-dev.org)
- binary1248 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Artur Moreira (email@example.com)
- Mario Liebisch (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- And many other members of the SFML community
You can get the latest official release on [SFML's website](https://www.sfml-dev.org/download.php). You can also get the current development version from the [Git repository](https://github.com/SFML/SFML).
Follow the instructions of the [tutorials](https://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/), there is one for each platform/compiler that SFML supports.
There are several places to learn SFML:
* The [official tutorials](https://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/)
* The [online API documentation](https://www.sfml-dev.org/documentation/)
* The [community wiki](https://github.com/SFML/SFML/wiki/)
* The [community forum](https://en.sfml-dev.org/forums/) ([French](https://fr.sfml-dev.org/forums/))
SFML is an open-source project, and it needs your help to go on growing and improving. If you want to get involved and suggest some additional features, file a bug report or submit a patch, please have a look at the [contribution guidelines](https://www.sfml-dev.org/contribute.php).