libsoup is an HTTP client/server library for GNOME. It uses GObjects
and the glib main loop, to integrate well with GNOME applications.
* Both asynchronous (GMainLoop and callback-based) and synchronous APIs
* Automatically caches connections
* SSL support
* Proxy support, including authentication and SSL tunneling
* Client support for Digest, NTLM, and Basic authentication
* Server support for Digest and Basic authentication
* XML-RPC support
See the documentation in docs/reference/ and the test programs in
tests/ for simple examples of how to use the code. The
evolution-data-server and evolution-exchange modules in GNOME git have
some more complicated examples.
There is a mailing list for libsoup-related questions/discussions at
gnome.org. Visit http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/libsoup-list
to subscribe or read the archives.
Bugs against libsoup can be filed at:
More information (including the libsoup To Do list) is available at
libsoup is licensed under the LGPL, see COPYING for more details.