TODO for the XML parser:
- Support for UTF-8 and UTF-16 encoding (Urgent !!!).
- progressive parsing. The entity support is a first step toward
asbtraction of an input stream. A large part of the context is still
located on the stack, moving to a state machine and putting everyting
in the parsing context should provide an adequate solution.
- DOM support, instead of using a proprietary in memory
format for the document representation, the parser should
call a DOM API to actually build the resulting document.
Then the parser becomes independent of the in-memory
representation of the document. Even better using RPC's
the parser can actually build the document in another
- Support for Comments (bad, should be in ASAP, they are parsed
but not stored), should be configurable.
- Improve the support of entities on save (+SAX).
- C++ support : John Ehresman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Updated code to follow more recent specs, added compatibility flag
- Better error handling, use a dedicated, overridable error
- Support for CDATA.
- Keep track of line numbers for better error reporting.
- Support for PI (SAX one).
$Id: TODO,v 1.2 1998/08/13 03:39:01 veillard Exp $