# Contributing to Zstandard
We want to make contributing to this project as easy and transparent as
## Our Development Process
New versions are being developed in the "dev" branch,
or in their own feature branch.
When they are deemed ready for a release, they are merged into "master".
As a consequences, all contributions must stage first through "dev"
or their own feature branch.
## Pull Requests
We actively welcome your pull requests.
1. Fork the repo and create your branch from `dev`.
2. If you've added code that should be tested, add tests.
3. If you've changed APIs, update the documentation.
4. Ensure the test suite passes.
5. Make sure your code lints.
6. If you haven't already, complete the Contributor License Agreement ("CLA").
## Contributor License Agreement ("CLA")
In order to accept your pull request, we need you to submit a CLA. You only need
to do this once to work on any of Facebook's open source projects.
Complete your CLA here: <https://code.facebook.com/cla>
We use GitHub issues to track public bugs. Please ensure your description is
clear and has sufficient instructions to be able to reproduce the issue.
Facebook has a [bounty program](https://www.facebook.com/whitehat/) for the safe
disclosure of security bugs. In those cases, please go through the process
outlined on that page and do not file a public issue.
## Coding Style
* 4 spaces for indentation rather than tabs
By contributing to Zstandard, you agree that your contributions will be licensed
under both the [LICENSE](LICENSE) file and the [COPYING](COPYING) file in the root directory of this source tree.