2005-03-12 Lars Lindner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* New preference to allow positioning the popup
window in all four desktop corners.
* New option in the "Feeds" menu to mark all items
of all your feeds read at once.
* Full HTML4 entities support.
* Added ability to drag and drop a URL onto the systray
notification icon. (Nathan Conrad)
* Network code made more robust. (Nathan Conrad)
* Fix crash where an item's enclosure's location is not a URL.
* Fix crash when searching for favicons and autodetecting feeds
using web sites with invalid HTML markup. (Nathan Conrad)
* ISO8601 date parsing bugfix. (Vincent Lefevre)
* Fix crashes associated with the notification popup window.
* Improved configure script to detect Firefox embedded
HTML rendering widget (Jim Huang)
* Fix for saving iconification state between Liferea sessions.
* Updated traditional Chinese translation. (Jim Huang)
* Updated German translation. (Patrice Neff)
* Updated French translation. (Vincent Lef�vre)
* Updated Romanian translation. (Spoiala Cristian)
* Updated Finnish translation. (Pauli Virtanen)
* Updated Brazilian Portuguese translation (Fernando Ike)
* Updated Bulgarian translation (Vladimir Petkov)
* Updated Czech translation (Juraj Kubelka)
* Updated Japanese translation (Takeshi Aihana)
* Updated Italian translation (Dario Conigliaro)
2005-01-15 Lars Lindner <email@example.com>
* Removal of a lot old migration code. Don't upgrade
directly from versions below 0.6.x or you might loose
some of your preferences. If you upgrade from very old
version like 0.4.x you might even loose your feed list.
To properly upgrade install the latest 0.6.x release,
run it at least once and then upgrade to 0.9.x.
* Experimental support for HTML entities when parsing
XML. This is to workaround the various broken feeds.
Note: only very common HTML entities are supported.
* GTK+ dependency raised to 2.4 to drop the included
GtkTreeModelFilter source. (Lars Lindner)
* Filtered feed list feature removed. Did not work
properly and there is no time to fix it.
* Added link to FeedValidator in the feed syntax error
messages. (Nathan Conrad)
* Fix for crash when deleting feed while favicon
gets updated. (Jakub W. Jozwicki)
* Preventing password exposal in status line when
updating favicons. (reported by Ben Winslow)
* Fixes broken saving of sorting order.
* Fixes a bug that could prevent browser launching
for all asynchronously called browser commands.
* Fix for crash when a URL with a space character
is added to the feedlist. (Nathan Conrad)
* The notification window is now moved to the upper left of the
screen before it is shown so that the user does not see the
notification window move. (S�ren Hansen)
* The network library now correctly tries to connect to all hosts
that share a domain name. This helps on some IPv6 enabled
computers. (Sjoerd Simons and Nathan Conrad)
* Atom feed elements that are of type "text/plain" are now
displayed as text instead of as HTML. (Nathan Conrad)
* Fixed a problem with the new item counter of
the systray icon. (Lars Lindner)
* Clicking on a vfolder and then an item in the vfolder now
always displays the item. (Nathan Conrad)
* Fixed Mozilla zooming problems.
* New Finnish translation. (Pauli Virtanen)
* New Romanian translation. (Spoiala Cristian)
* Updated Japanese translation. (Takeshi AIHANA)
* Updated French translation. (Vincent Lef�vre)
* Updated German translation. (Richard K�rber)
* Updated Slovak translation. (Tibor Pittich)
* Updated Romanian translation. (Spoiala Cristian)
* Updated Czech translation. (Juraj Kubelka)
* Updated Korean translation. (Park Ji-In)
2004-11-29 Lars Lindner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Added Polish translation and default feed list.
(Jakub W. Jozwicki)
* Article skimming keybinding is now global.
* Not matching types for proxy port variable fixed.
This should solve proxy problems on Solaris.
* Fixes a bug that caused the items of a deleted feed
not to be removed from all vfolders.
(Jakub W. Jozwicki)
* Workaround for unwanted GtkHTML2 default background
color. Liferea now enforces a white background.
2004-11-25 Lars Lindner <email@example.com>
* Keyboard focus is adjusted on "Next Unread".
* 100% CPU usage on HTTP 202 (e.g. Slashdot after
banning) is now fixed. (Oliver Feiler)
* Fixes a possible crash when selecting the condensed
mode view. (Jakub W. Jozwicki)
2004-11-14 Lars Lindner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Liferea now supports cookies. Contrary to previous
statements the SnowNews code to realize this was
included but not used. To use this feature place
a cookies.txt in ~/.liferea. The format of this
file is the format Netscape introduced for cookie
files. (Lars Lindner)
* Liferea now enforces umask 0077 when saving the
feed list to ensure your passwords are not group
or world accessible. In this context please check
the permissions of your ~/.liferea directory.
Older program versions might have created the
directory with unnecessary priviledges. Current
versions (0.6.x) create the directory only with
user priviledges. Thanks to the reporters Nick Rout
and Eric Gregory! (Lars Lindner)
* Bugfix for a crash when double-clicking a "(empty)"
entry in empty folders. Reported by Martin Sarfy.
* If a feed uses HTTP authentication the user and
password isn't displayed in the feed description
anymore. (Lars Lindner)
2004-10-31 Lars Lindner <email@example.com>
* Changed the handling of updated items. Previously the
read status of updated items was set to unread. This
was very inconvenient because of a lot of buggy feeds
with non-unique item ids which caused continuously
unread but unchanged items. Now an update flag is set
and the item is shown in bold dark gray color in the
item list. An updated item does not count in the
unread counter anymore.
I hope this improves usability with broken feeds.
* Finally made the condensed mode a permanent feed state.
Just select it once and the feed you like to read in
this mode will stay this way until you switch it off.
* Improvement to the itemlist viewing mode switching.
Now the HTML rendering widget isn't destroyed each
time the mode is switched but reused.
* IPv6 Support. (Christoph Hohmann)
* Support for broken web-servers and proxies that use
chunked encoding. (Alex Myltsev)
* A feed update now does not reset the item list focus
or selection anymore. (Lars Lindner)
* Applied HIG rule for "..." in menu labels.
* Changed "New Subscription" menu icon to "+" sign
like it is in the toolbar. (Bram Senders)
* Added a Technorati link like Sage has. (Lars Lindner)
* The feed description of a subscription with a command
as source does not show the command string anymore.
This is to avoid showing sensitive information.
* Liferea now has a global feed update interval setting.
This setting defines the update behaviour of a feed
for which neither you or the feed provider did define
a feed specific update interval. There is also a new
option in the feed properties to disable automatic
updates of the feed. (Lars Lindner)
* Added a button in the preferences to force an update
of all feed favicons. (Amit D. Chaudhary)
* Liferea now prevents the update of vfolders when you
request the update of all feeds. This bug changed the
vfolder state to unavailable. (Lars Lindner)
* Fix for a HTML layout problem where big images could
misalign the item footer and following items.
* Finally corrected the inverted sorting order of
the date column. But this means that you have to
reset the sort order of all your feeds once. Sorry
about that! (Lars Lindner)
* The handling of the default update interval information
of feeds was broken so the properties dialog never
showed the value. This is fixed now. (Lars Lindner)
* Fixed a bug on with non-blocking sockets and Solaris8.
2004-09-15 Lars Lindner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Finally added a menu option to remove a single item.
Sorry that it took so long! (Lars Lindner)
* Item modification times are now correctly converted to the local
timezone. (Nathan Conrad)
* The help feeds are now (almost) normal subscriptions
and can be removed and modified. The only remaining
difference is that the version in the URL is updated
automatically and that old items are dropped. This
also removes the special icon of the help folder.
* Removed the ugly unavailable icon. Now the GNOME stock
icon for the error dialog is used. (Lars Lindner)
* Added a default feed list that is installed upon the
first program start. Added a Spanish localized version
by Topopardo. (Lars Lindner)
* Added support for reading subscriptions URLs from
a named pipe (~/.liferea/new_subscription) to allow
external programs to add feeds. (Lars Lindner)
* Itemlist sorting order is now saved on a per-feed basis.
* Experimental vfolder implementation. When you do a search
you now can save the search result as a vfolder. There
is still a lot to do but just play around and write us
your opinion! (Lars Lindner)
* Fixed a bug that caused a crash when right clicking the
feed list in filtered mode. (Lars Lindner)
* Fixed a problem with the session managment registering
which prevented the usage of the Mozilla browser module.
* Iconification state is saved between sessions. (Nathan Conrad)
* URLs are now stripped of leading and trailing
whitespace. (Nathan Conrad)
2004-08-31 Lars Lindner <email@example.com>
* Update of the Italian translation (Dario Conigliaro)
* Fixed a big memory leak. (Lars Lindner)
* Some fixes in the RPM spec file (Noa Resare)
2004-08-21 Lars Lindner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Update of the Czech translation (Juraj Kubelka)
* Updated RPM spec file. (Daniel Resare)
* Update of the French translation (Vincent Lefevre)
* Fixed HTTP authentication problem with case sensitivy
in the HTTP headers. (Nathan Conrad)
* Fixed gaim strings in the configure output reported by
Russell Kaiser. (Nathan Conrad)
* Corrected dependency for libxml2 from 2.0 to 2.4.1 for the
configure script and allow older versions of gconf. (Nathan
* Removed accidental usage of libxml2 2.6 usage. Liferea should
now work with libxml2 2.4.1 or newer. (Nathan Conrad)
* Fixed a mistake in the German translation. (Lars Lindner)
* Fixed a bug that prevented RSS content:encoded tags
to be parsed. (Lars Lindner)
2004-08-16 Lars Lindner <email@example.com>
* New File selectors are used when compiled with GTK+ 2.4 or
later. (Nathan Conrad)
* XML parsers now detect namespaces based on their URL. (Nathan
* UTF-16 formatted documents are now supported. Please complain if
you have problems! This may also help other encodings that
contain NULL bytes in their datastreams.
* More favicons are now detected (HTML pages are now searched for
links to the favicons). (Nathan Conrad)
* Authenticated proxies are now supported via the GNOME proxy
settings and http_proxy environment variable. (Nathan Conrad)
* Help feeds are no longer downloaded at every startup.
* Support for photo blog RSS modules. (Lars Lindner)
* There is a new preference option in the "Headline Display"
tab to change the key binding for skimming through the
articles. It now defaults to Ctrl-Space instead of simply
Space. This is to allow using forms with Mozilla. If you
prefer Space please set it explicitly in the preferences.
* GConf schemas have been added to document the various gconf
keys that Liferea uses and provide control of defaults by
computer administrators. (Nathan Conrad)
* Notification popups now show the favicon of the feeds for
easier recognizing. (Lars Linder)
* Session manager support. This makes the lock file removed when
a user logs out without first cloning Liferea. (Lots of code from
gaim, but integrated into Liferea by Nathan Conrad)
* Fixed bug where some invalid feeds were causing their item lists
to be erased when they were updated. (Nathan Conrad)
* Fixed bug that may crash the program when the libxml2 error
output displayed in the feed description contains invalid
Unicode characters. This was reported by Yanko Kaneti.
* Fixed bug with incorrect HTML in the condensed mode.
* Fixed the missing scrolling reset when you display items
with Mozilla (Lars Lindner)
* Fixed a popup menu problems with gtkhtml2, which did not
always show the correct menu reported by hakon_g.
2004-08-02 Lars Linder <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Update of the Czech translation. (Juraj Kubelka)
* Fixes a bug reported by twentyone that hides the headers
and metadata when the two pane mode (condensed view) is
enabled. (Lars Lindner)
* Favicons downloaded using gzip compression are no longer
corrupted. This might fix some other download problems.
* Fixed a parsing bug that treated Atom feed modified/issued
dates as RFC822 instead of ISO6801 dates. (Lars Lindner)
* Fix parsing of atom feeds that do not escape their content.