2008.6.24 ver1.7.4 - Fixed a bug on compilation under Gtk+2.10 or earlier.
2008.5.24 ver1.7.3 - "Drop Shadow of Mascot" is now avairable also on
Windows. But no anti-aliased for image and shadow
2008.5.23 ver1.7.2 - Fixed a problem with clickable areas on mascot and
biff images renderd by cairo (Gtk+2.10 or later).[UNIX]
- Scaled image rendering routine is modified to use
GdkPixbuf instead of Cairo. [UNIX]
- Added "Drop Shadow of Mascot" otion with Cairo
rendering mode. [UNIX]
2008.05.21 ver1.7.1 - Added a new cairo rendering mode of mascot and biff
images. This supports anti-aliased mascot edge with
scaled-down (up) mascots. But, the clickable area on
a mascot image expands to a whole rectangle are of
mascot image, which includes transparent pixels. [UNIX]
- Cairo and Magnification switch settings moved to a
new "Rendering" page in the configuration window.
2008.05.15 ver1.7.0 - Fixed a bug on animation loops on Gtk+2.12.
- Fixed a bug of mis-reading long subject on th biff mode.
- Replaced some Gtk+ deprecated code (GtkTooltips etc.).
- To fix a problem to fail auto-title-bar-scaling
with CompiZ, new focus follow mode for Compiz added [UNIX].
With Compiz, please select
"Auto-Scaling (for Compiz)"
in mascot config (common->move->title-bar size).
Plain "Auto-Scaling" should be the ordinal style
scaling for all other environment.
- Added a mode to ignore title-bar-less windows [UNIX].
With some rather older window managers (MWM etc.),
this function could disturb focus following.
- Added actions (ignore/vanish/home position) for
title-bar-less windows. [UNIX/Windows]
- Added a new rendering argorithm for Balloon/Panel
Clock using Cairo (Gtk+2.8 or later, pangogairo
recommended). You can switch it with ordinal Gdk
- With cairo rendering, added new support for translucent
(alpha blending) balloon and panel clock with
compositing window managers (Compiz, KWin etc.). [UNIX]
This function has been checked with
With translucent KWin, you should turn OFF shadows
and check "Raise with Mascot shaping..." in the
config window of MaCoPiX (Common > Move >
- Added auto-detection for home position. [UNIX]
- Upgraded Gtk+Win32 version to Gtk+2.12.9. [Windows]
2007.05.29 ver1.6.4 - Drag & Drop Installation of mascot menu (*tar.gz).
- Bug fix of gui.c on the compile with gtk+1.2
- Improving Socket Message Mode. Added Stepping
Balloon mode (Gtk+2 only).GUI and command line
options are also changed for this update.
- Added the exception statement of GPL in README
to link with the OpenSSL.
- Changes in SSL POP. Bug fix to skip confirmation
window with successful server certification.
SSL certification verify results display on SSL
- Reacessing with POP immediately after the SSL
certificate confirmation window closed.
- Remapping of biff pix after mascot changing.
- Added support of GNUTLS (from patches by Ying-Chun Liu).
You can select OpenSSL(def.) or GNUTLS in configure
2007.05.14 ver1.6.3 - Replaced MD5 codes to GPLed ones.
(patched by Ying-Chun Liu).
- Replaced some Gtk+ deprecated functions
- Bug fix for abnormal termination in succesive
initialization of POP over SSL Biff.
- version up of OpenSSL to 0.9.8e (Windows).
2007.05.02 ver1.6.2 - Supporting POP3 over SSL (SSL/TLS), experimentally.
(still not confirmed with TLS)
- Bug fix for popup menu construction.
- Balloon messages for file save.
2007.04.16 ver1.6.1 - Added an option toremain characters opaque in
transparent balloon and panel clock.[Windows]
- Timing adjustment for clock and bolloon drawings.
- Added icons to menu and button items (Gtk+-2).
2007.04.10 ver1.6.0 - Support Win2000/XP version.
- Attached application icon (temporary?).
- Supporting extrantion function with UNLHA32.DLL
and TAR32.DLL for macot installtion on Windows
version. Binary version for Windows should be
compiled only without UNLHA32.DLL(non-GPL)function,
but distributed with TAR32.DLL(GPL).
- Also in the UNIX version, the menu filescan be
installed directly from *.tar.gz file,
using GNU tar commnad (with "z" option).
- Using FileChooser instead of FileSelection with
Gtk+2.4 or later.
- Refine the progress-bar for Mascot-Installation.
- Add tray icon function in the task bar (only
w/Gtk+2.10 or later).
- Added BIFF function (POP3) for Windows version.
APOP should work also. But, not confirmed yet.
- Added selection to save (or not to save) the password
for POP/APOP in the resource file.
(for Windows security)
In the case of no password, it can be inputed in the
password dialog window at the biff-starting.
- Bug fix for ON/OFF of SPAM detection.
- Fixed some memory leaks in mascot changings, clock
- Supporting transparent (alpha blending) windows
(for Windows pnly).
- MAX_PIXMAP / MAX_ANIME_FRAME are reset to 64.
2006.10.11 ver1.4.1 - Bug fix for freeze up rarely happened on POP3 Biff.
- Added ON/OFF for tooltips on biff pix.
2006.09.07 ver1.4.0 - Trouble shooting with GCC4.x
(Checked with gcc-4.1.1 on Fedora Core 5).
- Trouble shooting on MIME decoding for long From/
Subject lines (up to 10lines).
- New tooltip on the biff image window.
If you are using POP, you can also see the From/
Subject for your latest mail.
- Added new control character for the biff balloon
message. "%f"(From of the lastest mail),
"%s"(Subject of the latest mail).
- Improvement of the biff timing with POP.
- The maximum POP scannig number of mails is now
changable (default 40mails).
- Added a "--message-expire" options for the socket
meeage mode. The expire time[msec] for each messages
can be determined with this option (default = 10sec).
2005.09.15 ver1.3.2 - A bug on the common directory in ver 1.3.1 was fixed.
2005.09.07 ver1.3.1 - Change default target for configure script to Gtk+2.
If you want to make with an old Gtk+1.2 system, use
"--with-gtk1" option in the script.
- MIME decoding on mail header without nkf is now
- MAX_PIXMAP is reset to 32pixes (for Hayate X Blade).
The bug which the maximum number of pixmap is set
as "MAX_PIXMAP-1" has been fixed.
- Default Colors for Clock and Balloon is now editable
and can be saved in the Resource file.
- Bug fix for excluded SPAM count on biff function.
- Instead of gettext, glib-gettext has been employed.
2004.11.29 ver1.2.2 - Installation of mascots and menus with GUI,
using pop-up and startup menu.
- Fix a compiling problem with FreeBSD and cygwin
- Changed site URL and mail address, due to
th change of main site.
2004.09.29 ver1.2.1 - Character Code Support for non-Japanese locale
environment, based on a patch described by
Character code of mascot file should be understood,
according to the following priority.
1. [General] code=xxxx setting in .mcpx file
2. current locale environment
3. MaCoPiX default (EUC-JP)
This function should be worked only with Gtk+2.
- Some bug fixes in menu configuration GUI.
- Change the directory of pipe files in /tmp .
2004.08.14 ver1.2.0 - Socket Message Mode is newly added by Christoph
- Duet Animation function is newly added.
This function realize the simple anime connection
between two mascots.
- Comic Market 66 version.
2004.05.13 ver1.0.4 - New support of MH + Procmail type mail spool in
- Bug fix for the clock drawing.
- Bug fix for the positioning of the biff pixmap
with magnified mascots.
- Multiple files selection in the image/menu file
selection dialog (only with Gtk+2).
2004.04.11 ver1.0.3 - A bug in the color initialization for some PPC or
Solaris systems is fixed.
- Change mouse cursors.
- SPAM exception in the arrived mail list.
2004.02.16 ver1.0.2 - "UTF-8" code conversion of mascots and menus in
Gtk+2.x mode. Your mascot and menu files should
agree with your locale also in Gtk+2.x MaCoPiX.
(So, the code specification in ver 1.0.1, which
required UTF-8 in those files, is expired now.)
2004.02.14 ver1.0.1 - "UTF-8" coding appointment in Gtk+2.x
Now japanized menus are available in all
- gettext files updated to ver0.12.1 base
2004.02.14 ver1.0.0 - Gtk+2.0 Supporting.
You should use "./configure --with-gtk2" for
making with Gtk+2.0 (Default is still for Gtk+1.2)
- Bug fix for segmentation fault in biff for local
spool or Maildir without reference mail file.
- GUI configuration for Nokkari-Chara Code converter
2004.02.08 ver0.9.0 - Start up Menu Selection dialog in the case of no
appointment of (default)menu / mascot to start up.
- This type of menu selection can be used also from
the pop-up menu.
- Load/Save for Nokkari-Chara data (one of Window Sitter
applications for MS Windows) support.
Please read NKR.README.jp (sorry in Japanese) for
- Add to read HOME$/.gtkrc in startup.
- The size of the biff list window is now changeable.
- New support of qmail (Maildir) type mailbox in biff
- Fixed abnormal program termination in start up
w/Biff option and w/o network.
2003.09.27 ver0.8.6 - User file consistency check mode is added.
It works, if the loaded masccot/menu file is older
than the corresponding one in Common Dir.
- Print out of installed menu list in the help
- On-line Manual is added.
- A control character "%m" (number of stored mails)
in balloon systems are added. (by Iwamoto-san)
2003.05.23 ver0.8.5 - Bug fix in the drag motion at home position
- Bug fix in the treatment for maximum of frames
These support to install mascot and menu files.
2003.04.22 ver0.8.4 - Bug fix in the expiration of the biff balloon
- Some adjustment on the image test-putting
- Focus follow : Offset for shaped title bars
- Focus follow : Selectable window corner as the
starting point for focus following.
2003.04.18 ver0.8.3 - Side selection of the biff image position
- Improvement of the configuration dialog
- Bug fix (?) for the subject listing for
local spool (by Mamedore-san)
2003.04.16 ver0.8.2 - Improvement of the drawing routine.
Even with quick changes of the window shape,
there are no flickering any more.
2003.04.15 ver0.8.1 - Modification of the Home Position function.
Separation of the routine for sticking out from
desktop area and non-existence of the focus window.
2003.04.07 ver0.8.0 - First public release.
2003.03.31 ver0.7.3 - Bug fix for the POP3 function (by Iwamoto-san)
- Bug fix for home position function on KDE3.
2003.03.16 ver0.7.2 - The problem of POP3 to access the mail server
which has too many files was fixed (by Iwamoto-san).
- Digit type selection for Clock
- Time signal function
2003.03.11 ver0.7.0 - Biff function(POP3/APOP/local spool)
2003.03.05 ver0.6.5 - Adjustment of the installer
- Bug fix for font-set
2003.03.03 ver0.6.3 - Various bug fix
- Animation test function in the anime configuration
2003.02.21 ver0.6.0 - Launcher menu function
- Sound function
- Resource file is now selectable at the starting
- Set the name of the application to MaCoPiX
2002.12.24 ver0.5.1 - Revision concerned with default fonts
2002.12.16 ver0.5.0 - Test release