Meep 0.10 (21 Aug. 2006)
* eps-averaging? is now turned on by default (in libctl interface),
using much-improved algorithm by Ardavan Farjadpour. This greatly
improves accuracy, and also allows continuous tuning of geometric
parameters. (See our upcoming paper in Optics Lett., with a preprint
linked on the web site.) New input variables subpixel-tol and
subpixel-maxeval to control the accuracy of the subpixel averaging.
* Support for chi2 (Pockels) as well as chi3 (Kerr) nonlinearities.
* Symmetries no longer require the cell size to be an even number of
pixels. Previously, Meep exited with an error in this case, whereas
now it simply adds an extra pixel to the cell size as needed.
* New with-prefix step function to allow you to use a different
filename-prefix for selected outputs.
* New feature for output-png: built-in shell variable $EPS that refers
to the last-output epsilon .h5 file, which you can use to easily
add dielectric contours/overlays to the field output image.
* Added output-png+h5 function that outputs both .png and .h5 files.
* New functions flux-in-box, electric-energy-in-box, magnetic-energy-in-box,
and field-energy-in-box (convenience wrappers around C++ functions).
* Bug fix in Kerr nonlinearity - chi3 was accidentally scaled by epsilon^4
* Bug fix: if you specified three or more symmetries, at most two
symmetries were used (ignoring the rest).
* Bug fix in rotate2 symmetry, which wasn't working correctly.
* Bug fix in add-flux for multiple flux regions, thanks to K. Choi.
* Bug fix in harminv where it wouldn't allow you to call harminv more
than once for the same run loop; thanks to Aristos Karalis.
* Bug fix in save-flux/load-flux that prevented it from working properly
without output directories, thanks to Karl Koch.
* Fixed abort that sometimes occurred due to rounding when the source
was the same width as the cell (thanks to G. J. Parker).
* Fixed minor build problems on Cygwin, SGI, and other systems,
thanks to Christopher Kang, Robyn Landers, Florencio Garcia, and others.
Meep 0.9 (1 Apr. 2006)
* Initial public release.