Items that need to be completed before the next MAIN release:
- revert renaming of conf files for WIN32.
Items to watch:
- Hunt and kill bug in Mixmaster causing echolot pings to be turned
into permanent t* files.
[This is a pesky one. Changing the .forward pipe to go through
truss first 'fixes' it. Grr. --rabbi]
Items for 3.0.x:
- doallow() should check more than one email address in a line
- Automatically fetch pinger list and stats during installation process
- destblk request confirmation (patch # 873498)
+ perhaps we should phase this out in favor of a distributed RAB?
- general bug fixes that do not break backward compatibility
Items for 3.1.x
- Full WIN32 support.
- Sane randomness handling
- Resolve crash when running with --post
- Resolve crash when config contains "SENDMAIL outfile"
- Confirm operation as a WIN32 service
- Test on Vista.
- Include a formal win32 binary release, complete with docs.
- Integrate RAB support -- automatic downloading similar to stats.
- Introduce hashed RAB handling where mail recipients are hashed and
compared against a downloaded rab.hash file. This solves the issue
of publishing a plain-text list of email addresses.
+ We might want to salt these hashes but the salt would have to be
known to remops.
- Hashcash support?
Items for 3.5:
- binomial mix implementation
- RGB dummies
- native echolot
- Modify release tarball generation script to build the .tab.c file from
parsedate.y, so we don't end up requiring bison on every system that
wants to build mixmaster (rabbi)
- rpm -- dybbuk
- Windows build instructions/files (zax)
- provide a packaged Windows build to be used with QuickSilver
- Macintosh OS/X support (rabbi)
- Update Install script to put files in global system locations if
invoked by root. Also update to be smart about AES support.
(dybbuk said he would do this, but status is unclear.)
- permit CRAM-MD5 SMTP AUTH in addition to LOGIN. n/a (patch welcome)
- do full regression tests on as many platforms possible
- list only these platforms as supported
- test on Solaris 9 on SPARC.
- saner usage of /dev/[u]random is required -- throw warning when not in
daemon mode (patch 873497 -- needs work)
- clean up documentation and tarball contents
+ reorganize directory structure
- AES support -- requires OpenSSL 0.9.7 dybbuk
D Remove OpenSSL version checks. Maybe print a message stating the
supported versions, and leave it up to the user?
D allow for verification of clearsigned OpenPGP messages disastry
D honor key preferences when encrypting to multiple keys ulf/disastry (n/a)
D further mpgp testing of AES/MDC packet support ulf
D make mpgp friendlier
D COMMENT entire existing codebase! (HAHA)
D support for Borland compiler on Windows.
D I'ld even go so far as drop Visual C (or whatever we're supporting at
the moment) and require gcc with Cygwin to build it. But only if this
results in a Binary that runs without additional DLLs. (Weasel)