Items that need to be completed before the next MAIN release:
- Full functionality / regression testing around chain operations
following the recent whitespace bug fix. (everyone)
- ignore type2.list
- Full WIN32 support.
- rename pop3.cfg to pop3.cfg.txt
- different editor handling? if so, provide suggestions.
- Sane randomness handling
- stats stuff:
- port it to unix
- use proper configured filenames
- make the allpingers filename and url configureable
- Add equivalent features to -V and --about to mpgp and document in mpgp.1
- Remove OpenSSL version checks. Maybe print a message stating the
supported versions, and leave it up to the user?
Items to watch:
- Hunt and kill bug in Mixmaster causing echolot pings to be turned
into permanent t* files.
[This is a pesky one. Changing the .forward pipe to go through
truss first 'fixes' it. Grr. --rabbi]
Items for 3.0.x:
- Make the default mix.cfg file we write more useful.
Include (commented out) in a user section:
- Write a document on how to setup a remailer on windows
+ install as service
+ configure pop3.cfg
- doallow() should check more than one email address in a line
(patch # 877312) (weasel)
- delete secret keys securely after keygraceperiod expires
(Should this just be a call to an external program? I.e.
"/bin/rm -P" or "/usr/bin/shred -fz -n3")? Does this even
serve a purpose now that journaled FSes are the norm?
- destblk request confirmation (patch # 873498)
- Modify release tarball generation script to build the .tab.c file from
parsedate.y, so we don't end up requiring bison on every system that
wants to build mixmaster (rabbi)
- rpm -- dybbuk
. Windows build instructions/files (weasel)
- provide a packaged Windows build to be used with QuickSilver
+ Richard has an Installer we can use for this purpose (rabbi)
- Macintosh OS/X support (rabbi)
- Update Install script to put files in global system locations if
invoked by root. Also update to be smart about AES support.
(dybbuk said he would do this, but status is unclear.)
- permit CRAM-MD5 SMTP AUTH in addition to LOGIN. n/a (patch welcome)
- do full regression tests on as many platforms possible
- list only these platforms as supported
- test on Solaris 9 on SPARC.
- saner usage of /dev/[u]random is required -- throw warning when not in
daemon mode (patch 873497 -- needs work)
- clean up documentation and tarball contents
+ reorganize directory structure
- AES support -- requires OpenSSL 0.9.7 dybbuk
D allow for verification of clearsigned OpenPGP messages disastry
D honor key preferences when encrypting to multiple keys ulf/disastry (n/a)
D further mpgp testing of AES/MDC packet support ulf
D make mpgp friendlier
D COMMENT entire existing codebase! (HAHA)
D support for Borland compiler on Windows.
D I'ld even go so far as drop Visual C (or whatever we're supporting at
the moment) and require gcc with Cygwin to build it. But only if this
results in a Binary that runs without additional DLLs. (Weasel)