- Stuff to implement:
- Allow mtr to log the return packets, for later analysis.
Done: 0.25 . Todo: allow the userinterface(s) to work while
still logging to a file.
- Request timestamping at the remote site.
Andreas Fasbender has an algorithm that will allow us to
convert these measurements into one-way measurements, not just
- Allow mtr to also send larger packets.
This will enable us to get a feel for the speed of the links
we're traversing. (Van Jacobson was working on this His tool
was slow, mtr will rock with this feature.... :-)
(Anybody have the statistics experience to tell me how
to do the data analysis?)
- Allow MTR to keep on getting the icmp host unreachables, and
work through that. Some hosts don't answer PINGs.
- Auto-switch to that strategy if "host is known, but 10/10
pings got lost"
- The "don't probe all hosts at once" strategy can be improved a bit.
It should not probe more than 10 unknown hosts, but the counter need
not be reset at the start of the "round". This way if you probe
slowly (relative to the RTT time to the end host), it can probe
all hosts in the first "round".
- Bugs to fix?