NDisc6 : IPv6 diagnostic tools
$Id: README 214 2006-06-03 08:00:17Z remi $
Copyright © 2005-2006 Rémi Denis-Courmont.
This package gathers a few diagnostic tools for IPv6 networks:
- ndisc6, which performs ICMPv6 Neighbor Discovery in userland,
- rdisc6, which performs ICMPv6 Router Discovery in userland,
- rltraceroute6, yet another IPv6 implementation of traceroute,
- tcptraceroute6, a TCP/IPv6-based traceroute implementation,
- tracert6, a ICMPv6 Echo Request based traceroute,
- tcpspray6, a TCP/IP Discard/Echo bandwidth metter.
For detailled usage instructions, you should refer to the Unix manual
pages ndisc6(8), rdisc6(8), traceroute6(8) and tcpspray6(1) which
should be provided with your copy of the program.
For instructions on compilation and installation of the package,
refer to the provided INSTALL file.
This package is distributed under the terms of the General Public
License (GPL) version 2 written by the Free Software Foundation, Inc.
for full licensing details, please read COPYING.
If you have further questions, you can contact me via email at:
rdenis (at) simphalempin (dot) com
All programs are known to run on Linux (with either glibc or µclibc).
They should also work on any recent open-source BSD variant, and might
work on Solaris or other BSD derivatives.
Rémi Denis-Courmont <rdenis (at) simphalempin (dot) com>