Please consider signing [the neveragain.tech pledge](http://neveragain.tech/)
- Check the [issues](https://github.com/tapjs/node-tap/issues) to see
stuff that is likely to be accepted.
- Every patch should have a new test that fails without the patch and
passes with the patch.
- All tests should pass on Node 0.8 and above. If some tests have to
be skipped for very old Node versions that's fine, but the
functionality should still work as intended.
- Run `npm run regen-fixtures` to re-generate the output tests
whenever output is changed. However, when you do this, make sure to
check the change to ensure that it's what you intended, and that it
didn't cause any other inadvertent changes.
- Prefer adding cases to an existing test rather than writing a new
one from scratch. For example, add a new test in `test/test/*.js`
rather than create a new test that validates test output.