# Contributing to Node.js
Contributions to Node.js include code, documentation, answering user questions,
running the project's infrastructure, and advocating for all types of Node.js
The Node.js project welcomes all contributions from anyone willing to work in
good faith with other contributors and the community. No contribution is too
small and all contributions are valued.
This guide explains the process for contributing to the Node.js project's core
`nodejs/node` GitHub Repository and describes what to expect at each step.
## [Code of Conduct](./doc/guides/contributing/coc.md)
The Node.js project has a
[Code of Conduct](https://github.com/nodejs/admin/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md)
that *all* contributors are expected to follow. This code describes the
*minimum* behavior expectations for all contributors.
See [details on our policy on Code of Conduct](./doc/guides/contributing/coc.md).
Issues in `nodejs/node` are the primary means by which bug reports and
general discussions are made.
* [How to Contribute in Issues](./doc/guides/contributing/issues.md#how-to-contribute-in-issues)
* [Asking for General Help](./doc/guides/contributing/issues.md#asking-for-general-help)
* [Discussing non-technical topics](./doc/guides/contributing/issues.md#discussing-non-technical-topics)
* [Submitting a Bug Report](./doc/guides/contributing/issues.md#submitting-a-bug-report)
* [Triaging a Bug Report](./doc/guides/contributing/issues.md#triaging-a-bug-report)
* [Resolving a Bug Report](./doc/guides/contributing/issues.md#resolving-a-bug-report)
## [Pull Requests](./doc/guides/contributing/pull-requests.md)
Pull Requests are the way concrete changes are made to the code, documentation,
dependencies, and tools contained in the `nodejs/node` repository.
* [Setting up your local environment](./doc/guides/contributing/pull-requests.md#setting-up-your-local-environment)
* [The Process of Making Changes](./doc/guides/contributing/pull-requests.md#the-process-of-making-changes)
* [Reviewing Pull Requests](./doc/guides/contributing/pull-requests.md#reviewing-pull-requests)
* [Additional Notes](./doc/guides/contributing/pull-requests.md#additional-notes)
## Developer's Certificate of Origin 1.1
By making a contribution to this project, I certify that:
* (a) The contribution was created in whole or in part by me and I
have the right to submit it under the open source license
indicated in the file; or
* (b) The contribution is based upon previous work that, to the best
of my knowledge, is covered under an appropriate open source
license and I have the right under that license to submit that
work with modifications, whether created in whole or in part
by me, under the same open source license (unless I am
permitted to submit under a different license), as indicated
in the file; or
* (c) The contribution was provided directly to me by some other
person who certified (a), (b) or (c) and I have not modified
* (d) I understand and agree that this project and the contribution
are public and that a record of the contribution (including all
personal information I submit with it, including my sign-off) is
maintained indefinitely and may be redistributed consistent with
this project or the open source license(s) involved.