- Uses protocol 71
- Single player campaign re-organized (Thanks cosmo)
- 'Depreciated' client for Windows 9X in addition (lacks ipv6 support)
- New hitsound
- New map: ps37ctf
- New map: ctf_gate1
- New map: am_galevish
- Space Marine should no longer crash on old client
- Chaingun works in unlagged now
- non-Free texture folders from previous release removed (this also removes the schism and q3dm6ish-v2 map)
- Better mouse control (it'd better be)
- Initial release of 'missionpack'
- Missionpack weapons added back into baseoa (this means NAILGUNS, PROXIMITY MINES AND CHAINGUNS in non-missionpack mode!)
- New announcer voices from Fuzztooth
- New player model : Sorceress
- New map: oa_bases7
- New map: pul1ctf
- New map: schism
- q3dm6ish retextured by TRaK, and is back in the maps menu
- oa_bases3 recompiled with fast water (should perform 632% faster)
- Classic version of oa_bases3 snuck in :)
- oa_minia updated
- dm6ish updated (retextured, and bots aren't dumb at the door anymore)
- New plasma gun model and skin from enki
- New sound effects for shotgun, railgun, and weapon switching
- New CTF event sounds
- New Kyonshi voices, courtesy of aeri_s
- Ayumi optimized, at the cost of the Jenna skin :(
- Beret greatly improved, in skin and animation and taunt sound
- Some simple stress and flyby demo files (intended for timedemo)
- All TGAs that had broken headers are now corrected
- Other stuff like random asset polish
- Fixed "Getting stuck bug"
- Fixed logging bug
- Fixed UI crash
- Fixed overflow in Multiplayer list + Some of beast's changes to server list (longer names)
- Instantgib and All rockets disabled during single player startup
- Clears nextmap after single player
- Windows only: new SDL.dll allows Caps Lock and Num Luck to be used as keys.
- Using protocol number 69, this should only now show servers running 0.7.7
- New player model : Assassin
- New player model : Smarine
- New player skin : Angelyss/Neko
- New player skin : Grism/Indigo
- Ayumi/Neko, Angelyss/Sly have been atticed due to quality reasons.
- Current music scrapped due to license issues. (No source, and license)
- Text font (bigchars.tga) used by console and hud messages now doesn't bleed anymore
- Special characters added for text font (bigchars.tga) used by some mods
- lots of maps, at least 8!
- oa_ctf2 is more balanced, slightly retextured
- Elimination and CTF eliminaiton game types
- Double domination game type
- Last Man Standing game type
- Instant Gib option
- All Rockets option
- Unlagged tracehits option
- Alt-tab working
- Classic Grism aren't teamskins anymore
- A lot of the block textures were reworked and improved
- A lot of other stuff we forgot like minor polishings
- Angelyss/dark_blue is more blue on costume
- New item icons from anyone
- Less bots for oa_dm2 in single player campaign
- Fan crash fix
- You can no longer walk in the sky on Suspended
- Beret is more polished, wears his beret properly
- Announcer is a bit louder and much cleaner
- lots of crap.
- New player model : Arachna
- New player model : Angelyss
- New player model : Ayumi
- New player model : Beret
- New player model : Liz
- New player model : Merman
- New player model : Penguin
- New player model : Skelebot
- New player model : Sergei
- New player model : Tony
- New voice and skins for Grism
- 26 new maps
- Quake's DM maps converted, from dm1 to dm7
- ce1m7's teleport bug fixed
- oa_bases3 had an overhaul, now more balanced too
- various weapon sounds are new
- new announcer voice
- dm4ish, dm6ish, and cbctf1 also had several changes
- new gibs
- new music
- uses ioquake3 revision 1107
- a lot of other stuff we forgot
- Botfiles code from dmn_clown!
- Binaries updated to ioquake3 revision 982
- Engine now uses "baseoa" as a base folder as well as its own local user settings folder
- Pk3 files are now split into components again
- New splash video.
- Ogg support enabled.
- New player model : Kyonshi! She's based on the Chinese jiang-shi (hopping corpse) mythology. Created by enki and FromHell. Voice provided by pixie.
- New player model : Major! Created by JKM Makowka, animated and exported by FromHell. Voice also provided by pixie.
- Ed's conversion of Quake's E1M7 converted over (GPL v2)
- Vondur's Kaos map converted over. (GPL v2)
- Tyrann's Aggressor map converted over. (GPL v2)
- C.Brutail's cbctf1 converted over. (GPL v2 also)
- Gargoyle is reskinned by enki
- Gargoyle's wings are finally fixed and added.
- New lightning gun skin from enki
- New plasma gun skin from enki
- New railgun skin from enki
- New gauntlet skin from slyus
- New machinegun skin from slyus
- New lightning gun effects
- Health items reworked; they all have spheres with LODs and shaders
- Decals are slightly more polished.
- A lot of sounds are polished.
- New flesh footsteps
- New win32 icon
- Removed oa_bubctf1. Apparently the OGSL isn't so "Free" after all :(
- More 2D icons
- Mega health model
- Machinegun repositioned
- Machinegun flash rotated (to be a bit like q3's)
- Other little things I might have forgotten
- Removed Fox_DF's sounds due to possible copyright issues
- "Mouth" weapon sounds take the old weapon sounds place
- LOD models added for: shotgun, gargoyle, grism(sarge)
- Alternate simple "sprite" muzzleflashes also included (low geometry detail mode)
- A couple new of benchmark demos added to demonstrate how well the new low detail meshes help game performance ;)
- Chaingun model added (for the 'missionpack' like project that may be done in the future)
- New map! oa_bubctf1, based on ButtahB's bubctf1 (The Vast and the Furious). CPMA players might recognize it ;)
- New (and still temporary) machinegun texture
- New menu buttons, thanks to MilesTeg.
- New explosion sound and texture
- Flares! Toggle with r_flares 0 or 1.
- Detail textures! Toggle with r_detailTextures 0 or 1.
- Now based on icculus.org/quake3 source code.
- New skin for gargoyle - "tech" by Morphed.
- Gargoyle skins improved (mostly in musculature detail but the detail overlay has been changed too)
- Removed "ALPHA 4" and id software credits in menu
- Fire textures and shader!
- New liquid textures
- New grenade explosion
- Railtrail/plasmatrail shader implemented (cg_oldRail 0 / cg_oldPlasma 0)
- Rocket sparks shader implemented (cg_oldRocket 0)
- A new skybox from Nexuiz
- A new skybox (space) by MilesTeg
- dm4ish and q3dm6ish should have less zfighting and better texture alignment, thanks to div0
- some other things i forgot
Alpha 0.4.1 (6/6/2006)
- DM6ISH added, map by SavageX (adapted from Nexuiz map sources)
- New sound effects for the rocket launcher and shotgun
- New rocket launcher, with a quick skin and also a weapon hand! (So it doesn't look so big)
- New Gargoyle mapobject
- New door and menu sounds (lifted from openquartz)
- Fixed several decal shaders being overrided
- Sun flare shader fixed
- Reorganized files into seperate pk3 components
- InfoZIP is now used to pack the pk3s (slightly smaller now)
- Due to balance issues, oa_bases3 (CTF) is left out of the arenas.txt (it is still there, but play at your own risk!)
- "Tiny" build for slower and disk space deprived machines
- Windows installer now defaults its path to Program Files
Alpha 4 (5/7/2006)
- New shotgun skin and uvs from BlackThief.
- New railgun by FromHell. Crap skin unfortunately
- New gauntlet by FromHell. no skin yet
- New gargoyle player model by FromHell, however wings are broken so they are not exported.
- New flag by FromHell (very simple and small though)
- New remodeled low poly plasma gun by FromHell
- Chaingun muzzleflash by FromHell (made ahead of time for the future Team edition)
- New explosion sprites (sampled from a public domain "explosion" found on wikimedia commons)
- New CTF ditties by FromHell (corny and quickly tracked)
- New ambient sounds
- New "Sarge" sounds
- New banner5.md3 (The title logo)
- Fixed in some missing menu graphics
- Changed menu backgrounds to non-animated dark ones
- New oa_rpg3dm2 DM map by RPG, retextured for OA. (some bugs still remain, such as bright water, lack of flares, etc)
- flare shaders (not enabled in oa yet, you can use ioq3 though)
- added silly intro logo video
Alpha 3 DM Test (2-25-2006)
- internet play fixed! Thanks mewse for compiling the binaries too
- added announcer voices by Mancubus (http://mikelightner.org)
- Removed terrarena
- Removed tux as it's a small cheating model. Don't worry tux fans, he will be remodeled at proper size again surely :)
- DM4ish added, along with .MAP
- Q3DM6ish added, along with .MAP (Quick conversions of Aardappel's q1 maps of the same name)
- GRiSM player model animated, exported and available! Replaces the sarge gargoyle (there is no default "sarge" model yet) Model by Chris Holden, skins by Morphed, and rig/anims by FromHell.
- VMs seperated from content
- New machinegun, similar to the original (as it spins). UVW'd, but not skinned, so for now it is chromed.
- new temporary grenade launcher, with grenade model
- New machinegun and shotgun muzzleflashes
- Some new textures from mewse
- fixed levelshot screen
- added levelshots :D
- a bunch of sounds are added from Nexuiz 1.5. props to alientrap
- vms are now recompiled from the gpl source.
- ui.qvm : alot of credits changes, cdkey screen has a notice, etc
- new plasma impact, pretty
- new railgun impact, just as pretty
- rocket and grenade explosions are tweaked to expand now. much better
- new bullet/shell impact, looks much better than the "firefly" sparks from before.
- new teleport effect
- plenty of new sounds now
- new armor
- lightning effect now works!
- basic gib