While it is tried to have the complete test suite covered by both the build
time tests and the opescad-testrun script, not all pass and are documented
here. (Syntax: test name substring / substring list to match or generic
description, R in parentheses indicates failure in openscad-testrun, B in
parentheses indicates failure at build time).
* Customizer and Svg tests(RB): These test experimental features which
are not enabled in the Debian-packaged openscad binary, so they
should be disabled.
* echotest_include-overwrite-main, echotest_errors-warnings-included (R): They
fail because they check program output against expected output, this output
contains (relative) file paths, and those relative paths are different when
* tesselation (R): The test suite relies on a particular implementation of the
Liberation Sans font; they ship it, but it is not included in the Debian
package because it is prefered to rely on the system's fonts.
* issue1165, issue1215 (RB): There appears to be Z-fighting in the both the
expected and the actual image, but that can't be expected to be reliable. See
* throwntogethertest_issue1089, openscad-cameyeortho_camera-tests,
openscad-cameyeortho-viewall_camera-tests (RB): seem to just fail with the
software renderer. See https://github.com/openscad/openscad/issues/1413 .
The tests marked with B are explicitly excluded in debian/rules to make things
build without a general "Some tests are expected to fail, continuing anyway"
Tests can be explicitly excluded from openscad-testrun by passing it
"-- --exclude-regex PATTERN". If no --exclude-regex is specified like
this, a default pattern is used that matches a few testcases that are
known not to be able to work, as described above.