## How to contribute to OpenShot Video Editor
#### **Did you find a bug?**
* **Please check if this bug was already reported** by searching on GitHub under [Issues](https://github.com/OpenShot/openshot-qt/issues).
* If you're unable to find an open issue addressing the problem, [open a new one](https://github.com/OpenShot/openshot-qt/issues/new). Be sure to include a **title and clear description**, as much relevant information as possible, and the steps to reproduce the crash or issue.
* Please **attach log files** if you are reporting a crash. Otherwise, we will not be able to determine the cause of the crash.
_Please download our latest daily installer:_
1. www.openshot.org/download - click the '**Daily Builds**' button, then grab the latest build from the list.
(Use the buttons below to download installers for a different Operating System.)
2. Then enable 'Debug Mode (Verbose)' in the Preferences
3. Quit OpenShot and delete both log files:
* **Windows**: OpenShot stores its logs in your user profile directory (`%USERPROFILE%`, e.g. `C:\Users\username\`)
* **Linux/MacOS**: OpenShot stores its logs in your home directory (`$HOME`, e.g. `/home/username/`)
4. Re-launch OpenShot and trigger the crash as quickly as possible (to keep the log files small)
5. Attach **both** log files
#### **Did you write a patch that fixes a bug?**
* Open a new GitHub pull request with the patch.
* Ensure the PR description clearly describes the problem and solution. Include the relevant issue number if applicable.
* Before submitting, please ensure your PR passes all build / compilation / and unit tests.
OpenShot Video Editor is a volunteer effort, and a labor of love. Please be patient with any issues you find, and feel free to get involved and help us fix them!