File: timelog.txt

package info (click to toggle)
pathogen 1.1.1-5
  • links: PTS, VCS
  • area: main
  • in suites: bullseye, buster, sid
  • size: 524 kB
  • ctags: 411
  • sloc: cpp: 2,035; ansic: 57; makefile: 25
file content (96 lines) | stat: -rw-r--r-- 3,104 bytes parent folder | download | duplicates (5)
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96

Ludum Dare 4th 48 hour Game Development Competition
Entry by tonic
http://jet.ro

Theme:      "Infection"
Entry name: "Pathogen Warrior"


Time log for the competition version
------------------------------------

2004-04-17  (UTC/GMT+3 time)

11:30   Woke up and checked the theme.

12:00	Scribbled some design ideas.

13:00	Goofing around with web search related to my ideas,
	now it's time to eat something.

14:00	I forgot to go to eat - updated my SDL and SDL_image to newest
        versions instead and started to make some base code. Now I
        will go to eat. :)

14:30	Ate a bit of breakfast, time to go on.

16:12	Compilable version of framework up, time to cvs commit. :)

16:55   After some lacking I'm again at work. Made a slight change
        in the plans on what I'll be starting to make first regarding
        the game code.

17:40   Wasted bunch of time on some rendering issues.

18:43   Some progress on rendering and structure. Put this timelog to
        a page on my site dedicated for my entry with first screenshot.

19:07   Time for a meal.

19:29   Back to coding.

21:28   Wasted quite a while drawing and tuning some sprites and
        drinking some coffee.

23:05   Writing code and having fun with strange compiler errors MSVC
        gives with STL containers.. until I realize it was all because
        of a missing ';' char. :-D

00:01   First version of rendering the 2D hexagon map. Time for a
        second screenshot.

00:46   Added better event handling to app framework.

01:11   Scrolling the 2D map is somewhat functional now.

02:31   Had some headache with matching mouse position to the tile map.
        It's my first time making a hexagon based map, after all. :)
        Well, now it works anyway.

03:25   Drag'n'drop works now properly for the 2D map nodes. I also added
        creation, rotation and removal of the link nodes.

05:55   Verifying problem set seems to finally work mostly.

06:09   Time to sleep after last fixes, my wife wants to go to sleep.
        Note the time how long she has bravely waited for.. :)

12:01   Back to work.

13:08   Took a while to draw a map image with a mouse by looking at some
        world map image as a reference. Time for fourth screenshot.

13:58   Made some simple background music and added code to play it.

14:49   Added showing of problem position on the map image.

15:06   Scaling the circle by time spent on the problem. Going to shower.
        My wife is distracting me!

16:53   Proper generation of a new problem and level start info.
        Justifies fifth screenshot.

17:13   Configurable difficulty for each level. The game also has finally
        a name, which is currently "Pathogen Warrior".

18:25   Preparing to do some final stuff like a simple title screen.
        I don't have enough time to make a high score list.

19:02   Wrapping it up, somewhat ready to zip and upload it.

19:28	All set!

--
$Id: timelog.txt,v 1.18 2004/06/27 20:06:39 tonic Exp $
$Revision: 1.18 $