This release of pcb-rnd focuses on the hidlib effort. Hidlib is a reusable
library that contains the HID plugins of pcb-rnd and a few essential
infrastructural parts of core (the action infra, the tool infra, compatibility
and safe FS infra, units and pcb-printf).
Using the hidlib it will be possible to easily write 3rd party applications
that share the basic infrastructure and HID plugins with pcb-rnd.
1. hidlib: removed all custom dialogs from the gtk HID and reimplemented them
in the dialogs plugin.
2. hidlib: the common-for-all-HIDs lib plugin got split, the PCB-related
parts moved out because they are not used in 3rd party applications.
3. hidlib: toolbar generalization; the toolbar is loaded from the menu file
and plugins can register new tools with custom toolbar icon and
mouse cursor shape.
4. hidlib: top window of both gtk and lesstif HIDs are built using docked
DAD dialogs; this affects the toolbar, the overhead readouts, the layer
selector, the rotuing style widget and the bottom status line.
4. io_kicad: version 4 files are loaded almost flawlessly; started to load
version 5 files, most common features should work without problem.
5. File selection dialog: per format detailed options on 'save as'.
6. More board data access and manipulation actions, mainly for scripting.