File: README.ultrix

package info (click to toggle)
perl-tk 1:800.025-2
  • links: PTS
  • area: main
  • in suites: sarge
  • size: 18,444 kB
  • ctags: 19,081
  • sloc: ansic: 206,740; perl: 40,187; makefile: 4,371; sh: 2,373; yacc: 762
file content (31 lines) | stat: -rw-r--r-- 871 bytes parent folder | download | duplicates (5)
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
From  owner-ptk@guest.WPI.EDU  Wed Apr 10 00:03:47 1996 
Return-Path: <owner-ptk@guest.WPI.EDU> 
From: PVHP@LNS62.LNS.CORNELL.EDU ()
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 1996 19:00:12 -0500 (EST) 
Subject: Re: Compiling Tk-b9.01 under Ultrix 4.2 
To: farhad@math.ku.dk 
Cc: ptk@guest.WPI.EDU 
Message-Id: <01I3CJJC43Q08X5ACP@LNS62.LNS.CORNELL.EDU> 
X-Vms-To: IN%"farhad@math.ku.dk" 
X-Vms-Cc: IN%"ptk@guest.WPI.EDU" 
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; CHARSET=US-ASCII 
Sender: owner-ptk@guest.WPI.EDU 
Precedence: bulk 

I did use MakeMaker on ultrix to build tkperl. I changed the line in 
Makefile.PL that reads:

'LIBS'    => ["$xlib -lX11 -lpt -lsocket -lnsl -lm"],

to read:

'LIBS'    => ["$xlib -lX11 -lpt -lsocket -lnsl -lm -ldnet"],

as we had a newer X11 in /usr/local that needed the DECnet protocol linking.
This was with Tk-b11 by the way.

Peter Prymmer
pvhp@lns62.lns.cornell.edu