File: README.ultrix

package info (click to toggle)
perl-tk 1:804.033-2
  • links: PTS
  • area: main
  • in suites: bullseye, buster, sid
  • size: 34,724 kB
  • ctags: 37,174
  • sloc: ansic: 349,541; perl: 52,192; sh: 17,904; makefile: 5,732; asm: 3,565; ada: 1,681; pascal: 1,089; cpp: 1,006; yacc: 883; cs: 879
file content (31 lines) | stat: -rw-r--r-- 858 bytes parent folder | download | duplicates (7)
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
From  owner-ptk@guest.WPI.EDU  Wed Apr 10 00:03:47 1996
Return-Path: <owner-ptk@guest.WPI.EDU>
From: PVHP@LNS62.LNS.CORNELL.EDU ()
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 1996 19:00:12 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Compiling Tk-b9.01 under Ultrix 4.2
To: farhad@math.ku.dk
Cc: ptk@guest.WPI.EDU
Message-Id: <01I3CJJC43Q08X5ACP@LNS62.LNS.CORNELL.EDU>
X-Vms-To: IN%"farhad@math.ku.dk"
X-Vms-Cc: IN%"ptk@guest.WPI.EDU"
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; CHARSET=US-ASCII
Sender: owner-ptk@guest.WPI.EDU
Precedence: bulk

I did use MakeMaker on ultrix to build tkperl. I changed the line in
Makefile.PL that reads:

'LIBS'    => ["$xlib -lX11 -lpt -lsocket -lnsl -lm"],

to read:

'LIBS'    => ["$xlib -lX11 -lpt -lsocket -lnsl -lm -ldnet"],

as we had a newer X11 in /usr/local that needed the DECnet protocol linking.
This was with Tk-b11 by the way.

Peter Prymmer
pvhp@lns62.lns.cornell.edu