Provide information about Emacs packages.
This library defines the following functions for use in your Emacs extensions:
- `pkg-info-library-original-version` extracts the *original version* from the
header of a library.
- `pkg-info-library-version` extracts the *version* from the header of a library.
- `pkg-info-defining-library-version` extracts the *version* from the header of
a library defining a function.
- `pkg-info-defining-library-original-version` extracts the *original version*
from the header of a library defining a function.
- `pkg-info-package-version` gets the *version* of an installed package.
- `pkg-info-format-version` formats a *version* as human readable string.
- `pkg-info-get-melpa-recipe` gets the MELPA recipe for a package.
- `pkg-info-wiki-package-p` determines whether a package was build from
EmacsWiki on MELPA.
All of these functions are interactive commands as well.
A *version* is the version from the Library Headers, i.e. either from the
`Version` or from the `Package-Version` headers. An *original version* is the
version from the `X-Original-Version` header added by MELPA_ to preserve
Versions are represented as version lists, as returned by `version-to-list`.