## plaso (Plaso Langar Að Safna Öllu)
*super timeline all the things*
In short, plaso is a Python-based backend engine for the tool
[log2timeline](http://plaso.kiddaland.net "Plaso home of the super timeline").
### A longer version
log2timeline is a tool designed to extract timestamps from various files found
on a typical computer system(s) and aggregate them.
The initial purpose of plaso was to collect all timestamped events of interest
on a computer system and have them aggregated in a single place for computer
forensic analysis (aka Super Timeline).
However plaso has become a framework that supports:
* adding new parsers or parsing plug-ins;
* adding new analysis plug-ins;
* writing one-off scripts to automate repetitive tasks in computer forensic analysis or equivalent.
And is moving to support:
* adding new general purpose parses/plugins that may not have timestamps associated to them;
* adding more analysis context;
* tagging events;
* allowing more targeted approach to the collection/parsing.
### Project status
[Travis-CI](https://travis-ci.org/) | [AppVeyor](https://ci.appveyor.com) | [Codecov](https://codecov.io/) | [ReadTheDocs](https://readthedocs.org)
--- | --- | --- | ---
[![Build Status](https://travis-ci.org/log2timeline/plaso.svg?branch=master)](https://travis-ci.org/log2timeline/plaso) | [![Build status](https://ci.appveyor.com/api/projects/status/7slp4uexetn8bomg?svg=true)](https://ci.appveyor.com/project/log2timeline/plaso) | [![codecov](https://codecov.io/gh/log2timeline/plaso/branch/master/graph/badge.svg)](https://codecov.io/gh/log2timeline/plaso) | [![Documentation Status](https://readthedocs.org/projects/plaso/badge/?version=latest)](https://plaso.readthedocs.io/en/latest/?badge=latest)
### Also see