2009-09-02 Julien Jorge <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Version 0.4.1
* Plee the Bear
- Replace non-free sounds with free sounds.
- Some bug fixes.
2009-08-20 Julien Jorge <email@example.com>
- Lot of bug fixes and code cleaning,
- Graphic scripts: new Scheme function to shift a layer and loop
- Process capital and accented letters entered by the user.
- The intensity of the colors of the sprites can be parametered,
- Sprites and animations have both the rendering attributes (flip,
intensity, opacity, etc.),
- Faster rendering procedure,
- Add a time factor in the animations,
- New system to render text,
- The texts can be flipped and mirrored, the intensity of their
colors can be modified.
- Use gettext instead of the previous translation system,
- Save CPU time by stopping the process when no progress is
- New concept of models for the game characters, allow to describe
actions and sounds, variable bounding box and more,
- Remove the configuration file in favor of command line arguments.
- Reversed orientation of the y-axis. The coordinates increase
- Items have their local system, a density, an elasticity and a
- The world can have some areas of different density, environments
(like air or water), environment force,
- New forced movement 'forced_aiming' that forces an item to go
toward an other one,
- New forced movement 'forced_goto' that makes an item moving on
a given distance, with acceleration and deceleration,
- New forced movement 'forced_stay_around' that forces an item to
stay somewhere around an other item,
- Collisions are repaired, with speed restitution,
- Faster collision detection algorithm,
- Better system for the handlers on items.
* Generic items (engine)
- The camera is now an item of a layer,
- New item "ambient_sound",
- New item "change_camera_size",
- New item "camera_shaker",
- New item "continuous_link_visual",
- Toggles and triggers activated on custom boolean expressions.
* Plee the Bear
- Lot of new sprites,
- New items: elastic_link_on_players, spring, kicker,
passive_enemy, bonus boxes, revealing hideout, checkpoint...
- Powers of fire, water and air for Plee and its stones,
- Plee can drop its powers,
- Plee can swim,
- The camera moves in front of Plee when he is running,
- Plee can clutch some walls,
- New tutorial,
- Added a way to record the game (F11 to start/stop
recording). Mencoder must be installed,
- New system to read the player inputs,
- Level exit can be named and several entrances can be used,
- New enemies: the gorilla and the woodpecker,
- System of corrupting item, to find in the levels, to corrupt the
- Bring the azelnut to the owl to enter the secret levels,
- Show the score and the remaining tries,
- New animations for Plee,
- Two new levels in the forest,
- New music for the title screen, game over, invincibility, secret
- Five shiny honey jars in each level to find for one extra try.
* Bear Factory - Level editor
- Miscelaneous improvements,
- Faster rendering of the level,
- The interface is more reactive,
- Added a menu to align the selected items,
- Added a menu to clone the selected items,
- Added a menu to apply an offset on the selected items,
- The class of an item can be changed at any time,
- Display the identifiers of the items,
- Ability to zoom the view of the level,
- Use external animation files,
- The invalid items are displayed in the view when the compilation
- Each layer can have its own selection,
- The action history uses a lot less memory,
- New nodes '<default_value>' and '<description>' in the item
class files, to give a default value and a description to a
- Wildcards can be used to seclect a random file,
- Display the relationship among the items.
* Bear Factory - Animation editor
- First release.
* Bear Factory - Model editor
- First release.
2008-07-10 Julien Jorge <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* version 0.3.1
- Fix compilation issues with gcc 4.3 (patches from oc2pus).
2008-07-07 Julien Jorge <email@example.com>
* version 0.3
- Bug fix: switching between fullscreen and windowed mode under
windows does not fail anymore :(
- Fix compilation issues with gcc 4.3 (patches from oc2pus),
- Removed obsolete tool 'big-to-texture',
- New skin for the wiki,
- Various bug fixes.
- New sound system allowing individual control of each sample
- Distinction between temporary samples and samples managed by
items (with loops or played several times),
- Sound and music can be turned on/off,
- Global and per sample control of the volume.
- Items can be initialized with lists of values,
- Bug fix: crash if a joystick is configured whereas there's no
joystick plugged in.
- Added fake items that create forced movements,
- Added a fake item that creates an elastic link.
- Checkbox control,
- Slider control.
- More flexible system for the bitmap fonts.
- Collision detection concerns only the moving items and the items
meet during their movements,
- Better system for forced movements, with time support,
- The world can have some areas where the environment friction is
different of the default one.
- Selective renderer does not render hidden parts of the sprites,
- Various speed enhancements,
- Allow textures of any size,
- Added time control in animations,
- Loops in the animations are can be restricted to a given
- Added a frame to control the audio system,
- Display the progression when loading a level,
- Norwegian Nynorsk translation by Karl Ove Hufthammer,
- Various improvements of the images,
- New parameters for the movements of Plee.
* Bear Factory
- Added a dialog that shows a full view of the level,
- Items can have references to other items,
- Better selection of overlaping items,
- Classes for items that create forced movements.
2008-03-27 Julien Jorge <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* version 0.2
- Removed the resource archive,
- Removed the level compiler,
- Better documentation,
- New source code directory structure make the separation of the
modules more clear,
- Various bug fixes,
- Added Gimp scripts (Script-Fu) that create the resulting texture
of frames from the source .xcf file. Only for water.tga
- Uniform interface for the game layers,
- base_item can take a list of values as parameter,
- base_item can take a pointer to a base_item as parameter,
- The game save the time needed for each render and progress in a
file called 'stats.dat' (stats/debug),
- A level can now be loaded incrementally (while an other level is
running, for example),
- Robust system for the item handles,
- Uniform access to the level globals via bear::engine::game,
- Resources have no identifiers anymore (the file path is the id),
- Zoom ability by changing the size of the camera.
- Decoration classes are merged in one single class,
- Bug fix: bear::base_train does not move deleted items anymore.
- Minor changes in the structure of the tutorial level,
- Better pictures.
* Bear Factory
- First release of the level editor.
2008-01-12 Julien Jorge <email@example.com>
* version 0.1.1
- Port to x86_64.
- Port to Win32.
- Added a menu entry to launch the game.
- Reduced the speed of Plee.
- More intuitive name for the executable script.
- Clear separation between the engine and the game.