Changes since Version 0.9
See release notes for each version, and git history.
Changes from Version 0.7 to 0.8
- Fixed lot of bugs, especially in nfs code
- Series 3 _should_ work again.
- Added support for KDE (KDE >= 2.1)
- Added KDE Application "kpsion"
Changes from Version 0.6 to 0.7
- Changed timezone-stuff again. With S5, now the machine-info is
evaluated. This info holds the Psion's time-offset so that we
are able to calculate the offset correctly, regardless of the
Psion's setting. All that is done in a new class PsiTime.
For S3, a Fallback is provided using an Env-Variable "PSI_TZ" which
can be set to the Psion's time-offset in seconds.
- Added lots of rpc related stuff:
- Implemented a procfs-like subdir in plpnfsd. Processes can
be examined and misc. parameters can be examined/changed using
the entries in <psionMountDir>/proc/
Several parameters can now be changed on the fly:
attribute-cache timeout in seconds: proc/acache (rw)
debuglevel: proc/debuglevel (rw)
directory-cache timeout in seconds: proc/dcache (rw)
Psion's owner-info: proc/owner (ro)
Unix-owner of mounted directory: proc/unixowner (rw)
Stopping of plpnfsd has now changed:
echo stop > /mnt/psion/proc/exit
This should be safer than accidentally referencing a file.
For every process running on the psion, a subdir in proc/ is
created with two files "cmd" and "args" (both ro). cmd is the
process-name, args is it's commandline.
- Added machinfo command in plpftp for displaying lot of interesting
information about S5. (E.g. battery status etc.)
- Added killsave and runrestore to plpftpd. Both take a unix file
as argument. killsave kills all processes on the Psion and saves
restart-information to the specified file. runrestore reads a file
created by killsave and starts all processes saved in this file.
-> Functionality similar to the behavior of PsiWin before/after backup.
Changes from Version 0.5 to 0.6:
- Maintenance release: bugfixes in plpnfsd and libs which make
the mounted device writable again.
Changes from Version 0.4 to 0.5:
- merged all stuff from Matt Gumbley's plptools-0.4-mjg5
see his README.mjg
- Added a speedup-patch for plpnfsd from Rudol Koenig. This
should also solve Olaf Flebbe's problems as a side effect.
- Added command- and filename-completion to plpftp
- Changed plpftp's default-drive to "AUTO". This triggers
auto-detection of available drives and selecting the first one.
- fixed various bugs in plpftp
- added hash printing in plpftp.
- Added new commands "ps", "kill" and "run" to plpftp (these should
work at least for Series5. For Series3: INCOMPLETE)