/* CHANGELOG FOR PORTMIDI
* 19Oct09 Roger Dannenberg
* - Changes dynamic library names from portmidi_d to portmidi to
* be backward-compatible with programs expecting a library by
* the old name.
* 04Oct09 Roger Dannenberg
* - Converted to using Cmake.
* - Renamed static and dynamic library files to portmidi_s and portmidi_d
* - Eliminated VC9 and VC8 files (went back to simply test.vcproj, etc.,
* use Cmake to switch from the provided VC9 files to VC8 or other)
* - Many small changes to prepare for 64-bit architectures (but only
* tested on 32-bit machines)
* 16Jun09 Roger Dannenberg
* - Started using Microsoft Visual C++ Version 9 (Express). Converted
* all *-VC9.vcproj file to *.vcproj and renamed old project files to
* *-VC8.proj. Previously, output from VC9 went to special VC9 files,
* that breaks any program or script looking for output in release or
* debug files, so now both compiler version output to the same folders.
* Now, debug version uses static linking with debug DLL runtime, and
* release version uses static linking with statically linked runtime.
* Converted to Inno Setup and worked on scripts to make things build
* properly, especially pmdefaults.
* 02Jan09 Roger Dannenberg
* - Created Java interface and wrote PmDefaults application to set
* values for Pm_GetDefaultInputDeviceID() and
* Pm_GetDefaultOutputDeviceID(). Other fixes.
* 19Jun08 Roger Dannenberg and Austin Sung
* - Removed USE_DLL_FOR_CLEANUP -- Windows 2000 through Vista seem to be
* fixed now, and can recover if MIDI ports are left open
* - Various other minor patches
* 17Jan07 Roger Dannenberg
* - Lots more help for Common Lisp user in pm_cl
* - Minor fix to eliminate a compiler warning
* - Went back to single library in OS X for both portmidi and porttime
* 16Jan07 Roger Dannenberg
* - OOPS! fixed bug where short messages all had zero data
* - Makefile.osx static library build now makes universal (i386 + ppc)
* 15Jan07 Roger Dannenberg
* - multiple rewrites of sysex handling code to take care of
* error-handling, embedded messages, message filtering,
* driver bugs, and host limitations.
* - fixed windows to use dwBufferLength rather than
* dwBytesRecorded for long buffer output (fix by Nigel Brown)
* - Win32 MME code always appends an extra zero to long buffer
* output to work around a problem with earlier versions of Midi Yoke
* - Added mm, a command line Midi Monitor to pm_test suite
* - Revised copyright notice to match PortAudio/MIT license (requests
* are moved out of the license proper and into a separate paragraph)
* 18Oct06 Roger Dannenberg
* - replace FIFO in pmutil with Light Pipe-based multiprocessor-safe alg.
* - replace FIFO in portmidi.c with PmQueue from pmutil
* 07Oct06 cpr & Roger Dannenberg
* - overhaul of CoreMIDI input to handle running status and multiple
* - messages per packet, with additional error detection
* - added Leigh Smith and Rick Taube support for Common Lisp and
* - dynamic link libraries in OSX
* - initialize static global seq = NULL in pmlinuxalsa.c
* 05Sep06 Sebastien Frippiat
* - check if (ALSA) seq exists before closing it in pm_linuxalsa_term()
* 05Sep06 Andreas Micheler and Cecilio
* - fixed memory leak by freeing someo objects in pm_winmm_term()
* - and another leak by freeing descriptors in Pm_Terminate()
* 23Aug06 RBD
* - various minor fixes
* 04Nov05 Olivier Tristan
* - changes to OS X to properly retrieve real device name on CoreMidi
* 19Jul05 Roger Dannenberg
* - included pmBufferMaxSize in Pm_GetErrorText()
* 23Mar05 Torgier Strand Henriksen
* - cleaner termination of porttime thread under Linux
* 15Nov04 Ben Allison
* - sysex output now uses one buffer/message and reallocates buffer
* - if needed
* - filters expanded for many message types and channels
* - detailed changes are as follows:
* ------------- in pmwinmm.c --------------
* - new #define symbol: OUTPUT_BYTES_PER_BUFFER
* - change SYSEX_BYTES_PER_BUFFER to 1024
* - added MIDIHDR_BUFFER_LENGTH(x) to correctly count midihdr buffer length
* - change MIDIHDR_SIZE(x) to (MIDIHDR_BUFFER_LENGTH(x) + sizeof(MIDIHDR))
* - change allocate_buffer to use new MIDIHDR_BUFFER_LENGTH macro
* - new macros for MIDIHDR_SYSEX_SIZE and MIDIHDR_SYSEX_BUFFER_LENGTH
* - similar to above, but counts appropriately for sysex messages
* - added the following members to midiwinmm_struct for sysex data:
* - LPMIDIHDR *sysex_buffers; ** pool of buffers for sysex data **
* - int num_sysex_buffers; ** how many sysex buffers **
* - int next_sysex_buffer; ** index of next sysexbuffer to send **
* - HANDLE sysex_buffer_signal; ** to wait for free sysex buffer **
* - duplicated allocate_buffer, alocate_buffers and get_free_output_buffer
* - into equivalent sysex_buffer form
* - changed winmm_in_open to initialize new midiwinmm_struct members and
* - to use the new allocate_sysex_buffer() function instead of
* - allocate_buffer()
* - changed winmm_out_open to initialize new members, create sysex buffer
* - signal, and allocate 2 sysex buffers
* - changed winmm_out_delete to free sysex buffers and shut down the sysex
* - buffer signal
* - create new function resize_sysex_buffer which resizes m->hdr to the
* - passed size, and corrects the midiwinmm_struct accordingly.
* - changed winmm_write_byte to use new resize_sysex_buffer function,
* - if resize fails, write current buffer to output and continue
* - changed winmm_out_callback to use buffer_signal or sysex_buffer_signal
* - depending on which buffer was finished
* ------------- in portmidi.h --------------
* - added pmBufferMaxSize to PmError to indicate that the buffer would be
* - too large for the underlying API
* - added additional filters
* - added prototype, documentation, and helper macro for Pm_SetChannelMask
* ------------- in portmidi.c --------------
* - added pm_status_filtered() and pm_realtime_filtered() functions to
* separate filtering logic from buffer logic in pm_read_short
* - added Pm_SetChannelMask function
* - added pm_channel_filtered() function
* ------------- in pminternal.h --------------
* - added member to PortMidiStream for channel mask
* 25May04 RBD
* - removed support for MIDI THRU
* - moved filtering from Pm_Read to pm_enqueue to avoid buffer ovfl
* - extensive work on Mac OS X port, especially sysex and error handling
* 18May04 RBD
* - removed side-effects from assert() calls. Now you can disable assert().
* - no longer check pm_hosterror everywhere, fixing a bug where an open
* failure could cause a write not to work on a previously opened port
* until you call Pm_GetHostErrorText().
* 16May04 RBD and Chris Roberts
* - Some documentation wordsmithing in portmidi.h
* - Dynamically allocate port descriptor structures
* - Fixed parameter error in midiInPrepareBuffer and midiInAddBuffer.
* 09Oct03 RBD
* - Changed Thru handling. Now the client does all the work and the client
* must poll or read to keep thru messages flowing.
* 31May03 RBD
* - Fixed various bugs.
* - Added linux ALSA support with help from Clemens Ladisch
* - Added Mac OS X support, implemented by Jon Parise, updated and
* integrated by Andrew Zeldis and Zico Kolter
* - Added latency program to build histogram of system latency using PortTime.
* 30Jun02 RBD Extensive rewrite of sysex handling. It works now.
* Extensive reworking of error reporting and error text -- no
* longer use dictionary call to delete data; instead, Pm_Open
* and Pm_Close clean up before returning an error code, and
* error text is saved in a system-independent location.
* Wrote sysex.c to test sysex message handling.
* 15Jun02 BCT changes:
* - Added pmHostError text handling.
* - For robustness, check PortMidi stream args not NULL.
* - Re-C-ANSI-fied code (changed many C++ comments to C style)
* - Reorganized code in pmwinmm according to input/output functionality (made
* cleanup handling easier to reason about)
* - Fixed Pm_Write calls (portmidi.h says these should not return length but Pm_Error)
* - Cleaned up memory handling (now system specific data deleted via dictionary
* call in PortMidi, allows client to query host errors).
* - Added explicit asserts to verify various aspects of pmwinmm implementation behaves as
* logic implies it should. Specifically: verified callback routines not reentrant and
* all verified status for all unchecked Win32 MMedia API calls perform successfully
* - Moved portmidi initialization and clean-up routines into DLL to fix Win32 MMedia API
* bug (i.e. if devices not explicitly closed, must reboot to debug application further).
* With this change, clients no longer need explicitly call Pm_Initialize, Pm_Terminate, or
* explicitly Pm_Close open devices when using WinMM version of PortMidi.
* 23Jan02 RBD Fixed bug in pmwinmm.c thru handling
* 21Jan02 RBD Added tests in Pm_OpenInput() and Pm_OpenOutput() to prevent
* opening an input as output and vice versa.
* Added comments and documentation.
* Implemented Pm_Terminate().