Version 1.1 (April 1, 2004):
* mp3_support option added to permit MP3 support to be disabled.
Handy for testing firmwares that lack MP3 support.
* Fixed serious bug that caused deletion of multiple files to be done
* Positron now preserves the access and modification times of files
when copying them to the Neuros, allowing the use of standard
synchronization tools like rsync.
* Major improvement of MP3 detection and parsing code.
* Vastly improved database sorting, including sorting by track number.
Note that you will need to use "positron rebuild" to resort your
* Database handling fix that forces firmwares after 1.41 to cache
the database when it is modified.
* Informational messages when scanning directories for files so
you know something is going on.
* Better error reporting when database directory is not present.
* Ogg Vorbis support turned on by default.
* Eliminated warnings in Python 2.3 about character encodings
in *_zip.py files.
Version 1.0 (June 19, 2003):
* Ogg Vorbis support added. (Turned off by default) Requires
vorbis and ogg python modules by Andrew Chatham.
THIS DOES NOT MAKE YOUR NEUROS PLAY OGG VORBIS FILES.
You still need a Vorbis-capable firmware, which has not been
* Minor documentation fixes and manpage updates. Added
explanation of how to format the Neuros to the troubleshooting
* Tips for positron developers added to HACKING.
* Fixed bug that prevented ID3v2 tags from taking precedence over
v1 tags when both were present.
* Fixed bug preventing databases from being sorted during sync
Version 1.0b2 (May 28, 2003):
* Dual licensed MP3Info.py under both Xiph.org BSD and GPL
* User's Guide and Developer's Guide added
* Fixed crashing while using "positron del"
* Albums, Artists, and Genres are now sorted on the Neuros
* Fixed a problem that caused 35 second MP3s to crash positron
* Improved MP3 detection
* Files with illegal characters in the filename or in the tags are
handled now. The characters are changed (usually to underscores)
to prevent Neuros lockups.
* Files are now correctly uploaded to both the Flash and the HD
Neuros configurations. (Before only the HD would work.)
Version 1.0b1 (May 22, 2003):
* Initial public release