New or changed in 2.60:
* New backend for idraw contributed by Scott Pakin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* internal redesign in order to support the usage of the drivers from
other programs, not just from pstoedit.
* Full implementation of kshow, xshow, yshow, xyshow
* Added -psargs option and removed -rnnxnn option
* Added -include option
* Fixed the linecap and linejoin problem for MIF
* Port to RiscOS done by Rob Warner <email@example.com>
* winp2eap.def missing in distribution
* Fixed a problem with .ps files that redefined showpage themselves
* Fixed some problems related to the 'string' operator. Some
PostScript programs used to redefine 'string'.
* Fixed a portabiltiy problem for DecAlpha
* Fixed some OS/2 compilation problems
* Fixed some DEC compilation problems
* Fixed a problem that caused pstoedit to 'draw' each character when running gs3.5x
* Added support for Frame-specific encoding of special characters
* Fixed an encoding bug for PDF (minus was defined twice)
New or changed in 2.50:
* New backend for WMF, contributed by Jens Weber (rz47b7@PostAG.DE)
* Windows GUI, contributed by Jens Weber (rz47b7@PostAG.DE)
* direct handling of .pdf files (as input) (Thanks to ghostscript
and the -dNOBIND option !!)
* fixed a bug caused by ignoring the textmatrix
* changed the pdf output so that xpdf accepts it
* Fonts not supported by the selected backend, are now "drawn"
automatically, as if the option -dt was given for them.
* implemented the different show's for pdf
* handling of reencoded fonts.
* support for dashed lines (so far for cgm, xfig, and pdf only)
* added workaround for bug in libg++ on some linux systems
(Thanks to firstname.lastname@example.org (Derek B. Noonburg)
and email@example.com (Rainer Dorsch)
for taking care of this linux specific problem and the workaround)
* fixed a bug with ordering of text and lines
* replaced usage of tmpnam by tempnam so the user can
control the place where temp files are allocated.
(via TMPDIR under *nix, TMP or TEMP under DOS/Win)
* Bold was not treated correctly in MIF backend
* Gnuplot backend could not be called
* zero length text caused problems with some backends
* ^M caused problems with some backends.
* handling filenames containing \
* fixed compile errors with some compilers in drvjava.cc
* added support for linecaps in PDF backend
New or changed in 2.41:
* changed makefile for DOS
* fixed problem in pdf backend with '\' characters
* fixed a problem with linewidth (all backends)
* three new backends from Glenn Lewis <http://www.c2.net/~glewis/>
LWO (LightWave 3D)
* Piet van Oostrum <firstname.lastname@example.org> fixed two problems in the pdf backend.
* Added -f "pdf:-e encoding" as a temporary fix to the problem of
different font encodings. See also pstoedit.man.
* Added some heuristic to calculate the MediaBox for PDF.
* Removed writing of comments to PDF because of problems with xpdf.
* Integrated some new features from cd1.2 library for CGM backend.
* Added a backend to generate a Java(tm) applet
* Some changes to compile without warnings
New or changed in 2.40:
* a GNUplot backend contributed by Carsten Hammer
* a first DXF backend contributed by Carsten Hammer
( a more complete version will be available
in one of the next release. If you have urgent
need for it contact Wolfgang.Glunz@mchp.siemens.de )
* a OS/2 Metafile backend contributed by Christoph Jaeschke
* a PDF backend
* no shell script anymore. Pure C++ programm.
* also runs on DOS, OS/2.
* tgif backend extended to support rotated text.
(needs tgif version >= 3.0 pl 7 )
* some bug fixes