A big *THANK YOU* to all Pure-FTPd users that reported bugs, made
interesting suggestions, asked relevant questions and contributed to help
us build that tiny piece of free software. If you don't see your name in the
following list, I'm awfully sorry. It's difficult to keep it up to date. But
as you are reading this, you must be a very nice guy.
* Typhon SAS: http://www.typhon.com/
External contributors and people who helped in any way, shape or form:
* Aaron D. Marasco <aaron at marasco.com> - Noticed an obsolete comment in pure-ftpd.conf .
* Aaron Stephanic
* Adam Kruszewski (Fantomik) and Wojtek "elluin" Kaniewski - Pointed out an ugly fucking stupid huge bug (initgroups() called after chroot()).
* Adrian Zurek - Suggested LDAP improvements.
* Agri <agri at desnol.ru> reported that some write() were still in blocking mode before forking after a new connection was accepted.
* Alec Lanari
* Alex Black
* Aluminiumcan (investigation of Cisco 675 NAT)
* Andrew Victor <andrew at sanpeople.com> - Reported some old negative return codes that were still in recent code.
* Anthony DeRobertis - Fixed the on-demand creation of home directories.
* Avi Brender - Better support for error reporting in pure-pw.
* Axel Apitz <a_apitz at pixelpark.com> - Support for Solaris shadow/NIS.
* Balazs Toth - Suggested pureftpd-mysql.conf improvement.
* Ben <ben at zaeon.com> - RPM improvements to build with SQL or LDAP.
* Ben Gertzfield (che_fox) - Fixed Solaris compilation and LDAP SSL dependencies.
* Ben Weir - Reported and straced a bug in pure-pw.
* Benoit Massard - Suggested that dot-files should be given access even when virtual quotas are enabled.
* Bernhard Weisshuhn - Reported that RNTO should work with existing targets. Corrected the german translation for grammatical/spelling errors.
* Brandon Covert - Thanks for reporting the pure-ftpwho parsing bug.
* Brian B (MrBubbs) for reporting that long-options weren't implemented on BSD systems.
* C. Jon Larsen <jlarsen at richweb.com> - Wrote a nice part of the FAQ about the STOU command.
* Christer Mjellem Strand - Reported an useless close() in dochmod() that caused wrong errors to be printed.
* Christian Janssen - Suggested the --createhomedir switch.
* Cyberic (-k suggestion)
* Daniel Elsaesser (suggested the -E flag and reported an AbsoluteFTP bug)
* Daniel Tschan - Thanks for reporting bugs with uploads and ReiserFS.
* Darcy Patridge - reported a mistake in the documentation.
* David Majorel - fixed LDAP FTPStatus
* David Vincelli - Reported OpenBSD issues.
* Eric <ericnew at pacific.net.sg> - Reported a quota bug.
* Eric Gouyer - Reported that without CAP_KILL, kill(..., 0) could fail on Linux.
* Eric Larsson - Reported a ftpwho bug.
* Erik (Cirvam, <erik at sublevo.com>) for his very nice help on the Solaris port.
* Flaw Zero <flawzero at eyou.com> - Fixes to the simplified Chinese translation.
* Florent Rushuru
* Florin Andrei <elf_too at yahoo.com> - SGI Irix fixes.
* Francis Little aka dj_oggy <oggy at hayesbrook.kent.sch.uk> - For his valuable help on Sourceforge forums, his testing of snapshot and his helpful advices. Thanks a lot, dude.
* Fran�ois SIMOND.
* Frank de Brabander - better accuracy for throttling.
* Frederico Gendorf - reported that on-demand directory creation didn't work with paths containing a /./ mark.
* Gareth Blades <info2 at gbnetwork.co.uk> - Provided a fix for SMC Barricade routers.
* Gareth Woolrdige - Fixed compilation on Corel Netwinder devices.
* Guenter Bittner (suggested the umask option and reported that LeechFTP didn't parse properly the SIZE return)
* Gunnar Isaksson
* Henning Brauer - reported that empty passwords would bind anonymously using LDAP.
* Henri Virtanen <hvirtanen at daous.com> - Suggested SO_REUSEPORT for FreeBSD.
* Henrik Edlund <henrik at edlund.org> - Suggested documentation fixes (quoting field names) in PostgreSQL templates.
* Hiramoto Kouji - reported and fixed the fact that quotas weren't properly updated when overwriting a file using RNTO.
* JG <jg at cms.ac> - Reported a breakage of pure-ftpwho in version 1.0.16.
* JKadilak (reported a Flash FXP feature, good for the FAQ)
* Jan Hudoba - Support for new MySQL scrambling.
* Jan Hudoba - support for new MySQL password scrambling.
* Jan Pavlik - Reported that .ftpquota was counted in pure-quotacheck.
* Jason Piterak (reported the 0.97.1 passive bug)
* Jean-Francois Cousi (stress-testing pureftpd on production servers)
* Jean-Philippe Le H�naff (suggested the welcome.msg compatibility and reported ftpwho bandwidth problems) .
* Jeff Moe - Suggested --without-iplogging.
* Jeff Skubick (reported that netfilter lacked EPSV/EPRT support)
* Jeffrey�Koetsier�<jkoetsier at corp.home.nl> - Fixed MySQL documentation typo.
* Jim Jones (suggested -f none) .
* Jobush (thanks for your suggestions)
* Joce <joce at presence-pc.com> and Daniel Broms (Hogberg), Lokomo Systems - Convinced me to finally implement atomic uploads. Joce by continuously asking for it, Daniel by pointing out that users could use the races to upload past their virtual quota when uploads and deletes are mixed.
* Joe Silva (aka j03y) - Suggested adding "shadow" into PAM rules.
* Joerg Pulz <Joerg.Pulz at frm2.tum.de> - Pointed out that upload-pipe locking didn't work with daemonization.
* Johan Schuld.
* Johan Str�m - Compatibility with newer OpenLDAP versions.
* John Alberts - Suggested mysql_config instead of hard-coded paths.
* John Hart - Fixed access to remote MySQL servers.
* John Sullivan <john at benzo8.org> - Helped to spot a zeno effect with pure-uploadscript in 1.0.15 snapshots when the server was started in inetd mode.
* Jose Pedro Oliveira <jpo at di.uminho.pt> - Spec file fixes.
* Joshua Rodman <joshua_rodman at yahoo.com> - did a major rewrite of pure-config.py for reliability and maintainability.
* Juan Carlos Perez.
* Juan Pablo Gimenez - Improved the RPM package.
* Juergen Daubert - Reported that authentication of non-chrooted users was broken in 1.0.25.
* Juergen Henge-Ernst - Reported broken process names on Linux.
* Juergen Nagel (reported that it didn't work with old libc)
* Keith Vance - Thanks a lot for the Mac testing.
* Kittiwat Manosuthi <kittiwat at hostpacific.com> - Help with Virtuozzo.
* Koczka Ferenc - suggested AUTHD_ENCRYPTED.
* Kulkarni Shantanu - reported a bogus regex in pure-config.py.
* Kyle Herbert (http://www.firstnetimpressions.com/) for reporting a typo in the example configuration file.
* Lan Yufeng - Reported a --createhome bug.
* Leszek Reimus - Suggested that /./ mix with -a to get chrooted useres with no ratio.
* M.Robbins (reported OpenLDAP 1.x compilation problem)
* Maharaja - Reported a typo in the README file.
* Marc Balmer - TLS support for LDAP.
* Marc Dukes (xinetd configuration)
* Marc Jauvin - Reported an incompatibility with old MySQL versions and implemented quotas in the MySQL backend.
* Marc Thoben <chojin at gmx.de> - SuSE init script.
* Marcus Danielsson <safety at fatelabs.com> (reported USER null deref).
* Marcus Engene - Fixed an extra free() in the pgsql handler and a documentation error in pgsql.
* Margus Kaidja - Reported an endless loop and provided some nice client compatibility fixes and new features.
* Mariusz Pekala <skoot at poczta.onet.pl> - Fixed typo-errors in the polish translation.
* Mark Reidel <mr at domainfactory.de> - Reported that users couldn't revert perms on a directory after they removed read/execute access rights.
* Marshall Pierce <mpierce at hmc.edu> - For his tests on MacOS X.
* Martin Fuxa - suggested that DELE should log file names like transfer commands.
* Martin Gerardi (proposed user-domain ACL)
* Martin Hedenfalk (mhe) - Reported that MLST shouldn't accept any option nor multiple file names.
* Martin Hedenfalk (reported a bug related to listing of symbolic links to directories).
* Mason lee (asked for SQL support)
* Matthew Hartman.
* Michael Bowe - Reported a buglet in configure script.
* Michael Glad <glad at daimi.au.dk> - Submitted a patch to accept long .message files even on Irix.
* Michele Pes - Reporting that --with-tls was documented in the README file, that the server required a change to compile with gcc2 and that --with-cork was still documented.
* Mime Cuvalo - Reported the symlinks weren't handled consistently in MSLD.
* Ned Holdbrook - reported that MLSD should display dot files.
* Nicklas Uvel�v.
* Nicolas (for all his questions)
* Olivier Sannier
* Oliver Soell <oliver at fusionit.com> - RPM fixes.
* Olivier Soell.
* Olivier Tharan <olive at zehc.net> (pointed out that Xinetd needs -USR2 not -HUP) .
* Olle <olle at xmms.org> - reported log format error when working with webalizer
* Oscar Sundbon <moose at djuren.org> - Fixed pastos in pid files removal.
* Patrick <patrick at xsinet.com> (testing the FreeBSD port)
* Paul <paul at chipmunkweb.yi.org> - Provided SSH access to sort out a bug with a specific glibc version.
* Paul F. William" <paul.williams at uwex.edu> - Reported that Pure-FTPd compiled and worked fine on an IBM RS/6000 system running AIX 5.2 using the Visual Age C++ Ver 6.0 compiler.
* Paul Hansen (Windward) - tracked down the syslog-in-clientfd bug and reported various logging-related issues.
* Peter Ahlert <petera at gmx.net> - Reported a missing line in the README.Authentication-Modules sample.
* Peter Green (Peyote) - thanks for your bug reports and your posts.
* Philip Mak <mak at aaanime.net> - Suggested that pure-quotacheck should be runnable as a non-root user.
* Pierre <pierre at epinetworx.com> - Reported a compilation bug with extauth.
* Rafa Michalski - Reported broken throtting under FreeBSD.
* Rasmus Fauske <rfauske at gmail.com> - Reported extauth regression.
* Robert Wierzbicki - Reported a typo in README.Virtual-Users.
* Robin Ericsson - Implemented support for MySQL password() function.
* Ryan Laginski (suggested for -P feature)
* Sacha Hoehne.
* Sami Farin - Thanks for reporting the bad fd CORKing in error()
* Shantanu <shantanu at dcpl.co.in> - For his valuable exercices in order to hands solid like steel, ready to type billions of source code
* Shea Martin (reported the -U failure and suggested '.banner' for everyone)
* Shiroiwa Noboru <shira at next-stage.ne.jp> - Reported a bad interaction with FTP Explorer.
* Simon Lyngshede (--bind thing, good for the FAQ)
* Stephan�Wentz�<wentz at gmx.de> - Helped to solve a bad interaction with Macromedia Homesite.
* Steven Radack
* Sven Goldt (sorry, no plans for gtar on the fly)
* TJ Saunders <tj at castaglia.org> - Reported that Proftpd and Proftpd-modquota were different packages.
* Tam�s Reinhardt (freddyke) - Suggested to have consistent max user lengths.
* Terry Davis - A very nice guy. He helped to fix ASCII upload issues.
* Thomas Ericsson - Reported documentation glitches.
* Thomas Maschutznig.
* Thomas Min - Reported an endless loop.
* Tomasz Krynicki - Suggested SHA1 password hashing in MySQL.
* Todd Rinaldo - sent two compatibility fixes for GCC 2.95 and provided support for the -J option.
* Tomonori Kamitaki - Helped pure-ftpd to work on Playstation 2.
* Trilucid - Initial web design of pureftpd.org
* Ulrich Zehl - Found a documentation error in the sample LDAP schema.
* Viktor Butskih - Reported that > 4Gb files were corrupted on a 32-bits arch.
* William Kern(el panic) (thanks for your wish list)
* Wouter de Jong <wouter at widexs.nl>
* Xianghu Zhao - spotted the fact that charset conversion was needed on directory names in traditional listings.
* Yann Bizeul (projects.tynsoe.org) - Reported a Panther specific issue with getnameinfo(). Thanks a lot for providing a temporary account on a Panther machine in order to implement a workaround.
* Ying-Chieh Liao <ijliao at csie.nctu.edu.tw> for the FreeBSD port updates and for reporting that simplified and traditional chinese settings were swapped in 1.0.12 .
* Youssef El Fathi
* ahodgson at simkin.ca (thanks for your opinion on config files and your help for CVS repositories)
* bernard.lheureux at bbsoft4.org
* bkeil at indiana.edu
* brett at ekit-inc.com
* chris at widexs.nl (suggested authenticating users on virtual hosts)
* claudiuc at kde.org (romanian translator and great tester)
* corleone at otenet.gr
* dalis at upit.ro (thanks for reporting the --without-usernames stuff in 0.98.5pre2)
* dan at kaylon.com
* dan_c at pellin.ro
* drakkyl at canada.com
* ffarkas at lightning.ch
* gorthem at garcia-luengo.com
* gumz at cs.uni-magdeburg.de (german translator and very nice guy)
* hellhound at geek.be (reported the syslog bug)
* herbsworld at stny.rr.com
* hirona at infotopia.or.jp
* iTooo <itooo at itooo.com> , for reporting a nasty typo in throttling code.
* ian at ugcs.caltech.edu
* iceyeyez at excite.com
* j at falooley.org (for your patch and your code help proposal)
* jasmin.buchert at atlantica.ch
* jseelig at compasslearning.com (who reported how to have MSIE open an authentication dialog when anonymous users were denied) .
* kaiv at wakkanet.fi
* ljohnson at stormforge.net
* lukas at supremedesigns.com (thanks for helping users on the ML)
* man at t-online.fr (for reporting the bug in space parsing and suggesting webalizer patch/ftpwho/ftpcount)
* marc.angles1 at fnac.net (who asked the rights questions for a FAQ)
* mark at grapevine2.net
* misiek at pld-linux.org (and everyone from the PLD Linux Distribution: http://www.pld-linux.org/)
* ml at splio.com (who reported that accents were filtered)
* mlong at idsi.net
* mstern at mac.com
* neogenix at xsinet.co.za
* nxg at nod4mail.pvrr.ru (very nice guy)
* phatfil at optushome.com.au
* ppons at cvf.fr
* pureftp at carpediem-it.co.uk (an hosting service company, moving from proftpd to pureftpd)
* rem at rss.tl.lv
* ricardo at arnet.com.ar
* richard at tre-amigos.nu
* roberttheburton at excite.com
* robson555 at yahoo.com
* rodl at wtfo.com
* silent at heracles.cuties.org
* yachar at absium.com (very, very nice guy, helped the debian packaging)
* yiango at cytanet.com.cy
* zero-cool at chello.nl