# Change Log
## [1.1.0] - 2018-04-02
- Support for the SAT_NAME, SAT_MODE, PROP_MODE, and GRIDSQUARE ADIF fields for the purposes of satellite QSO logging.
- Pinpointing of callsigns on the world map by looking up the latitude-longitude coordinates based on the value in the GRIDSQUARE field (or COUNTRY field if the GRIDSQUARE is not specified). A new right-click popup menu has been created for this purpose.
- A separate World Map tab in the Preferences dialog.
- A navigation bar for the World Map tool.
- The option of showing Maidenhead grid squares on the World Map, and the option of shading in worked grid squares.
- Basic copy/paste functionality for individual records.
- A requirements.txt file for the purpose of installing dependencies.
- Renamed the GreyLine class to WorldMap, since it now does more than just grey line plotting.
- Improved the section on dependencies in the README.
- Updated the list of supported ADIF fields.
## [1.0.0] - 2017-08-02
- Pin-pointing of QTH on grey line map.
- Default logbook.
- Continued support for Python 2.x modules. Thanks to @gaionim (IU2HDS) for this patch.
- Auto-filling of the Mode field using Hamlib.
- Glade design of main window and dialogs.
- Exporting of logs in the Cabrillo format.
- More unit tests.
- More tooltips.
- The option to enter the frequency in Hz, kHz, MHz, or GHz in the Add/Edit Record dialog. Frequencies are still displayed in MHz in the logbook.
- Record/QSO count feature.
- Using username and port information (in addition to hostname) when creating an identifier for a DX cluster bookmark.
- Pressing the Return key after entering a DX cluster command will send the command to the Telnet server.
- Pressing the Return key after entering QSO information via the record dialog will add the QSO to the log.
- Moved all unit tests to a dedicated tests directory.
- Duplicate QSOs are now defined as having the same CALL, QSO_DATE and TIME_ON values. FREQ and MODE are no longer considered.
- Improved the runtime performance of duplicate QSO removal.
- Logs are now printed on a landscape page so that more QSO details can be included. The page layout has been improved.
- Better handling of "\n" characters in the NOTES field.
- Any characters in the DX cluster server's reponse that cannot be decoded are now replaced with a replacement marker in the DX cluster frame.
- Fixed the QSO index used in the Gtk.ListStore. Just before a QSO is added with add_record it was assumed that it's index would be max(rowid)+1, which is not always the case. This led to inconsistencies between the Gtk.ListStore and the database. Indices used in the Gtk.ListStore are now obtained directly from the database after insertion.
- Direction of sorting.
- IOTA data retrieval when looking up callsigns using hamqth.com.
- Use percent-encoding when connecting to a callsign database.
## [0.3] - 2016-05-28
- Support for callsign lookups using the HamQTH.com database.
- Added a table of keyboard shortcuts to the documentation.
- More helpful messages regarding missing dependencies.
- Added the option of merging the COMMENT field with the NOTES field when importing records from an ADIF file.
- Bookmarking of Telnet-based DX cluster servers.
- Ported the codebase over to Python 3 using 2to3 (thanks to Neil Johnson).
- The Summary page now also contains the total number of QSOs in the logbook.
- Improvements to docstrings.
- Various code cleanups (thanks to András Veres-Szentkirályi).
- Brought the list of valid modes up-to-date.
- Updated the list of bands and their frequency ranges.
- Configuration files are now written to ~/.config to keep the user's home directory uncluttered.
- The codebase is now compliant with the PEP 8 Python coding conventions (except for E501,F403,E226,E402,W503).
- Updated the documentation.
## [0.2] - 2015-03-07
- Travis CI configuration file for automated building and testing.
- Button to add the current date and time.
- Option to specify default values for the power and mode fields.
- Allow UTC time to be used when creating records.
- Allow prefixes/suffixes to be removed when looking up a callsign (e.g. "MYCALL" would be extracted from "F/MYCALL/QRP").
- Migrated the documentation to a Sphinx-based setup.
- Separate the Create and Open functionality for logbooks.
- In the record dialog, the labels "TX RST" and "RX RST" have been changed to "RST Sent" and "RST Received". The underlying ADIF field names remain the same (RST_SENT and RST_RCVD).
- Logging debug messages to file.
- 'Z' characters in callsigns were being ignored when importing ADIF files. This has now been fixed.
- Specifed the Agg backend for matplotlib to workaround a bug in Ubuntu 14.10.
- Sorting the date and time fields in the correct chronological order.
- Removal of duplicate records.
- Error handling when looking up a callsign that does not have an entry on qrz.com.
- Handling of ConfigParser.NoOptionError exceptions when trying to load preferences.
- Handling of UnicodeDecodeError exceptions when parsing the output from DX cluster servers.
## [0.1] - 2014-03-22
- The 'Notes' column is no longer automatically resized.
- The BEL character is now handled properly in the DX cluster tool.
- QSOs can now be sorted in the correct chronological order.
- Fixed the ADIF export functionality. Previously, only markers were being written and the actual record data was being skipped.
## [0.1b] - 2013-10-04
- Basic logging functionality.
- Import and export in ADIF format.
- Log printing.
- Basic support for Hamlib.
- Telnet-based DX cluster support.
- Progress tracker for the DXCC award.
- Greyline plotter.
- QSO filtering and sorting.
- Duplicate record removal.