DendroPy Phylogenetic Computing Library
Copyright (c) 2010-2015 Jeet Sukumaran and Mark T. Holder.
All rights reserved.
1. The DendroPy project source code and associated data files are licensed for
redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* The names of its contributors may not be used to endorse or promote
products derived from this software without specific prior written
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS"
AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL JEET SUKUMARAN OR MARK T. HOLDER BE
LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR
BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY,
WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR
OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN
IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
2. If you use this work or any portion thereof in published work,
please cite it as:
Sukumaran, J. and M. T. Holder. 2010. DendroPy: a Python library
for phylogenetic computing. Bioinformatics 26: 1569-1571.
3. All DendroPy documentation, (non-logo) images and other media, as
provided online or otherwise distributed, can be used in accordance with the
`Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/>`_ , which allows anyone
to copy, modify and redistribute modifications of all or part of the DendroPy
documentation as long as:
* The license is included with all copies or redistributions.
* the DendroPy documentation is attributed as the originating document.
* You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and
indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable
manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or
* You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
* If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must
distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
4. The DendroPy logo can be used and reproduced freely only to identify,
advertise, or otherwise denote association or usage of the DendroPy
5. The test data files (available at ``dendropy/test/data``) have all been (a)
sourced from public domain data, (b) obtained as part of example data
bundled with other applications, and typically having been used in
published analyses (c) generated using analysis programs from public domain
In the case of (a), the data is from GenBank, and thus in public domain.
Where possible, we have maintained citation information for the original
authors/work that generated the data.
In the case of (b), the original data is also available from the public
domain. Where possible, we have maintained citation information for the
original authors/work that generated the data.
In the case of (c), no program we have used places any restriction on their
output. We maintain the generated text ("File generated by ... etc")
to track provenance.