- fix Issue #178: input filenames that could be interpreted as floats may break `labels.txt`/`classes.txt` integration, and graphical output
- fix 1ssue #132: TETRA would fail if not all 4-mers present in all input sequences
- fixed warnings about deprecated usage of `pandas` and other syntax
- ANIb now respects the `--workers` argument (PR #127 from [Özcan Esen](https://github.com/ozcan))
- distance matrices are converted from square to condensed form for linkage analysis
- `matplotlib` calls use new API ('false', 'off' -> False; 'true', 'on' -> True)
- deprecate legacy BLAST testing: `ANIblastall` commands still work, but are no longer supported
- update concordance tests (issue #105)
- extend test suites (issue #104)
- modify ANIm concordance test to accommodate new command structure
- add `delta-filter` wrapper for compatibility with SGE/OGE schedulers
- Fix for issue #97 where numeric arguments to the GenBank download script were not recognised
- GenBank download script now insists on integer input for `--batchsize`, `--retries`, and `--timeout`
- Added `setup.cfg` that points to README.md
- Fix issue #97 where valid input arguments were not recognised in the download script
- Add Dockerfiles for making Docker images
- Version bump to fix `PyPI` wheel/script shebangs
- `ANIm` now uses `delta-filter` to remove alignments of repeat regions (issue #91)
- added `--filter_exe` option to specify location of `delta-filter` utility (issue #91)
- fixed `--format` option so that GenBank downloads work again (issue #89)
- add `--SGEargs` option to `average_nucleotide_identity.py` for custom qsub settings
- `README.md` badges now clickable
- `--version` switch added to `average_nucleotide_identity.py`
- FTP timeouts are now caught differently in `genbank_get_genomes_by_taxon.py`
- Additional characters in NCBI FTP URIs now escaped in `genbank_get_genomes_by_taxon.py` - should be fewer failed downloads
- Modified error messaging when `NUCmer` alignment fails
- `average_nucleotide_identity.py` argument documentation improvements
- Script now fails immediately if label or class files missing (issue #78)
- Changes to `--noclobber` log behaviour (issue #79)
- fixed `--rerender` code (issue #85)
- fixes a bug in the installed scripts where the shebang (`#!`) in wheel and egg packages pointed to a development Python
- fix for issue #53 (--maxmatch has no effect)
- fix to `genbank_get_genomes_by_taxon.py` to account for NCBI FTP location changes
- fixed issue #52 (local variable bug)
- fixed issued #49 (TETRA failure) and #51 (matplotlib bug)
- add several tests and support for `codecov.io`, `landscape.io` and `Travis-CI`
- removed requirement for `rpy2`
- moved scripts to `bin/` subdirectory
- `pyani` now requires `rpy2` v2.8.0 in order to satisfy running under Anaconda (see issue #26)
- `pyani` now checks for presence of `rpy2` and - when run from source - if `rpy2` is not available, `pyani` doesn't throw an error until R graphical output is requested. If installed *via* `pip`, then `pyani` still raises `pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound` if `rpy2` is missing.
- Updated `genbank_get_genomes_by_taxon.py` script to use the new FTP locations at NCBI for each assembly.
- Fixed bug where `ANIb` would not go to completion if empty BLASTN files were generated (see issue #27)
- Fixed bug where `ANIm` would not finish under `multiprocessing` if input sequences were highly divergent.
- Added Hadamard product of percentage identity and alignment coverage as output.
- Fixed bug where label/classes are out of sync with new NCBI downloaded filenames
- Added --rerender option to draw (new) graphics from old output, without recalculation
- Corrected matplotlib row dendrogram orientation
- Seaborn output no longer dumps core on large (ca. 500 genome) datasets
- `genbank_get_genomes_by_taxon.py` attempts to identify cause for failed downloads and correct, where nomenclature/versions are at fault
- graceful replacement of classes that are not present in `classes.txt`
- add `pyani` version to log file
- Merged [pull request](https://github.com/widdowquinn/pyani/pull/17) from peterjc to make printing from tests Python3-friendly.
- Merged [pull request](https://github.com/widdowquinn/pyani/pull/21) from peterjc to use `open()` for opening files.
- Merged [pull request](https://github.com/widdowquinn/pyani/pull/24) from peterjc to cope with missing labels/classes more gracefully
- Fixed `-s`/`--fragsize` option in `average_nucleotide_identity.py` (thanks to Joseph Adelskov for hte report).
- BLAST and `nucmer` results are now written to a subdirectory of the output folder. By default, these sequence search output files are compressed, but this behaviour can be suppressed using the `--nocompress` option.
- Added `genbank_get_genomes_by_taxon.py` as an aid to downloading publicly-available genome files from GenBank, for analysis.