VERSION 0.9.7 (6/27/01)
- Fixed the unamed ordered parameters bug
- Added the ability to specify a http_proxy
- Added a patch provided by Tim MiddelKoop to allow printing of proxy objects
- Added the contrib directory and included a medusa implementation of a
SOAP.py server by Ng Pheng Siong
VERSION 0.9.6 (6/08/01)
- The date and time types now check their initial values when the type
is created, not when the data is marshalled.
- The date and time types are now parsed and returned as tuples (for
multi-element types) or scalars (for single element types) in UTC and thus
can represent the entire range of SOAP dates.
- If an element doesn't have a type but has a name with a namespace, the
name is tried as the type.
- Untyped compound types with more than one element and all the elements
the same name are turned into an array when parsing.
- When parsing a structType, elements with the same name are placed in a
list instead of saving just the last one. _getItemsAsList can be used to
get an element of a structure as a list, whether there was one or many
occurances of the item.
- Added schemaNamespace, schemaNamespaceURI, and namespaceStyle
configuration options. namespaceStyle takes one of 1999, 2000, or 2001,
and sets typesNamespace, typesNamespaceURI, schemaNamespace, and
- Normalized the type class names, replacing Compound with compoundType,
Struct with structType, Header with headerType, Body with bodyType, Array
with arrayType, TypedArray with typedArrayType, Fault with faultType, and
urType with anyType.
- Attributes now appear on an element itself instead of the element's
parent. For elements parsed to builtin python types, the attributes are
stored in a dictionary keyed by the element's python id. The dictionary
is in the Context object, can be returned from parseSOAP*, and can be
returned from method calls if the returnAllAttrs configuration option
- isinstance is used to check for a class, so classes can be subtyped.
- An encoding of None can be specified to not include encoding information.
- Problems with the SOAPProxy URL are now reported when the SOAPProxy
instance is created instead of when the first method call is made.
- The Binary, Boolean and DateTime types have been removed in favor of
binaryType, booleanType, and dateTimeType.
VERSION 0.9.5 (5/16/01)
- Should parse and build all 1999, 2000, 2001, and SOAP-ENC datatypes.
- Initial handling of multi-dimensional, partial, and sparse arrays.
- Supports SSL clients (if Python built with OpenSSL).
- Supports SSL servers (if M2Crypto installed).
- Applies defaults to SOAPproxy URLs (nice for command-line tools).
- Added the _SOAPContext object, gives registered server functions more info
about the current call.
- Now assumes that any type that isn't in a schema could be a struct.
- Added the Config object, now config options can be set globally or on an
individual call level.
- Deprecated the DateTime, Binary and Boolean types, should now
use dateTimeType, binaryType and booleanType.
- Includes N+I interop suite.
- Various bug fixes and improvements.
VERSION 0.9 (5/01/01)
- The Envelope now just contains definitions for namespaces actually used
- Namespace definitions are inherited by children but not siblings (Builder)
- Further improved multi-reference parsing -- it handles circular references
- Added support for building recursive and circular types using references
- More types
- Proper handling of overflow and underflow integral and floating point
- More interop
- Various bug fixes and improvements
VERSION 0.8.5 (4/25/01)
- buildSOAP, SOAPProxy, SOAPServer now taking encoding argument
- Much improved multi-referencing (Parser)
- Added base64 and dateTime to interop suite
- Various bug fixes
VERSION 0.8 (4/23/01)
- Added more types
- Early multi-referencing support (Parser)
- Reorganized the parser, much cleaner now
- Preserve whitepsace in strings (per the standard)
- Full XML attribute support (Parser/Builder)
- Object (de)serialization now maintains element order
- Fixed the zero-length array problem
- Made indentation uniform (spaces not tabs)
- Made Header and Body work more like real structs
- Changed the parseSOAP api, now returns the body structure,
instead of a list of body elements
- Changed the soapaction and namespaces for the interop server
- New silabclient options
- Initial encoding support
VERSION 0.7 (4/19/01)
- Fixed a bug that caused nothing to work with Python 2.1
- Float work arounds for WIN32 (others?)
- DateTime parsing for WIN32
- Beginnings of XML attribute support
- Better interop
VERSION 0.6 (4/18/01)
- Fixed numerous bugs (dateTime, float precision, Response Element, null
- Added more types
- Homogeneous typed arrays
- Added support for more schemas
- Early Header support and mustUnderstand and actor
- Added interop suite
- Passes validator
- Interop greatly improved, passes all client tests for Frontier,
VERSION 0.5 (4/17/01)
- Initial public release