Checklist Reviewer to Aid Quality Assurance
:Author: Toshio Kuratomi
:Date: $Date: 2006-04-24 16:46:23 -0700 (Mon, 24 Apr 2006) $
:Revision: $Rev: 214 $
*This is a development release.* It's like a snapshot but with a tad more
care put in. It is likely to have major bugs. Things that you see here
may change radically before the actual release. This includes the definition
of the DTDs and other versioned properties (which may not have their versions
bumped again before the real release -- so you may need to completely
uninstall the development version before installing the new release.)
The main reason for the development release is so people unable to use the
subversion archive can see where the code is headed for the 0.5 release.
This release has a rewritten checklist display that should be both prettier
to look at and more easily programmed against. Most changes are aimed at
making the checklists more extensible.
* CheckList and SaveFile formats have been combined into the checklist 0.3 dtd.
* Script qa-convert to convert savefiles to the new checklist format.
* Preliminary support for automated tests. These are declared in the
checklist xml file but implemented in a supplemental python file included
with the checklist. You should know where the checklists you use come from
as this is method runs arbitrary python code. In the future, checklists will
be signed so you can at least assign blame if something executes malicious
* Made the checklist code more generic. We are no longer tied to Quality
Assurance of SRPM files.
* Now able to set preferences in the program.
* You are now able to sign the review with gnupg.
* A Druid to walk through starting a review.
* CheckList Properties have been implemented and setting properties has been
merged into the Druid and menu.
* The Review widget is somewhat better formatted.
* CheckList is now a subclass of gtk.TreeStore.
This is a bugfix release.
* Fix a bug in loading saved checklists that caused the custom category to
be displayed as an item.
* Fix for distuninstallcheck which was picking up on the XML catalogs.
* Cut and paste has been added.
This release marks completeness of core features. Everything necessary for
writing a review from within QA Assistant is now available. I'm now using
qa-assistant to write QA reports for the fedora.us system.
* You can now add your own checklist items to a review. Use the
"QA Actions::Add checklist item" menu item when you want to add a comment
that the standard checklist does not support.
* Saving and loading of in-progress reviews is now supported.
* Output reviews now do textwrap of long lines so GPG signing and submitting
to bugzilla works better.
* DTDs are now entered into the system catalog. XML validation now uses the
catalogs to retrieve DTDs rather than saving filesystem path information.
* Some minor bugfixes to the python build process.
* Fix output entry when the output contains angle brackets "<>"
The save and checklist formats used in this release are not permanent.
Talks with Erik LaBianca are expected to lead to a new combined format
that will allow embedding tests for items within the checklist.
The next release of qa-assistant is going to concentrate on rewriting the
checklist and review widgets to address basic architectural shortcomings
revealed when implementing the load/save functionality. If necessary, I
will create an 0.4.x branch to fix bugs while this work continues.
This release is largely an infrastructure and cosmetic enhancement. The
program now has a build and install process and there was some work to
make the current resolution to a checklist item more apparent at a glance.
The major "new" feature was to correct a bug that prevented the reviewer
from editing the output.
* Displays the SRPM that's being reviewed in the titlebar and statusbar
* Colorized output for checklist items.
* Now has an automake/autoconf build. This means the package is now
installable with standard ./configure ; make; make install steps
* RPM spec file included and rpm's shipped with package.
* When publishing a review, QA Assistant now checks to see if it's in an
* Fixed a bug that prevented editing of the output string in the checklist
* Checklist actions now appear in the QA Actions menu instead of the File
menu. (The sole exception is the New actions. These will probably be
replaced with a Druid that walks one through selecting a checklist and
file to QA. The current method of selecting an SRPM to QA will remain
on the QA Action menu for those who select a checklist manually.
* Website and downloads moved to sourceforge.
This version concentrates on tidying up usability problems in the first
release. Tooltip-like help for checklist items and loading SRPMS from the
menu are the major enhancements.
* Ability to start an SRPM QA from the menu and the toolbar
* Description of a checklist item displayed in a tooltip
* Optionrenderer now looks more like a combo box
* Speedups to Optionrenderer code
* Directory remembering for the File Selection dialogs
* Published reviews now use '*' bullets instead of '-' to be more GPG friendly
* Move hashes to top of review in anticipation of fedora-startqa format
* Better handling of errors on loading SRPMs
* Extensible via an XML checklist definition
* GUI driven checklist
* Publishes a review