File: Changelog

package info (click to toggle)
qimageblitz 1:0.0.6-5
  • links: PTS, VCS
  • area: main
  • in suites: buster
  • size: 696 kB
  • ctags: 434
  • sloc: cpp: 5,803; asm: 574; makefile: 11
file content (83 lines) | stat: -rw-r--r-- 3,646 bytes parent folder | download | duplicates (3)
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
0.0.4:

* Blitz is now part of kdesupport. This tarball is a snapshot intended for
use with the production version of KDE 4.0. 

For a detailed changelog see KDE's SVN code browser at:
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/qimageblitz/

0.0.3: 

* A pretty big round of cleanups and basic improvements including using new
Qt macros when possible, replacing x/y loops with pointer ones, and a few
more special cases for 8bit or premultiplied source images instead of 
converting them to RGBA.

* Each effect has now been tested on 8bit, 32bit RGB, 32bit RGBA, and 
premultiplied images with and without MMX. Several filters and modes have been
added to the test app.

* Valgrinded Blitz while running each effect in each of the above modes. No 
leaks. Also ran Krazy and fixed a few basic issues but there are still a few 
more to do.

* Found and fixed a few bugs during the above testing. Most of them were a
places I checked the image format by depth and not QImage::format(). I also
fixed edge(): forgot to call emms after inline asm, scaleFiltered():
broken with 8bit images, and grayscale(): never reduce depth w/ an alpha
channel.

* Added the API and some basic porting documentation.

* Removed rotate() since QImage::transformed() has efficent special cases for 
right angles. Use that instead and performance should be fine. 

* Since Qt now uses the same C/C++ smoothscaling algorithm we do there is
no reason to include a copy of it here. We just include the MMX version and
call Qt if it's not available on the current machine. Saves a boatload of 
code.

* Like QImage I've added the Qt::AspectRatioMode parameter to both 
smoothScale() and smoothScaleFilter() because it's nice to have :)

* Removed grayscaleBrightness(). It wasn't in KImageEffect and was just there
until I got around to porting some old code that used it :P

* Minor improvements to the gradient code, which hasn't gotten any love in
ages. Most notably memcpy has been a builtin gcc function for ages now and 
supports all sorts of CPU extensions, so you want to use it and not your
own loops when possible. Like rotate() this may eventually become obsolete by 
using special cases in Qt's raster painter for linear gradients, but for now 
it should still be a little faster. Main reason why I care is because people
tend to use gradients as resizable backgrounds so every ounce of speed counts.

* A few touchups to blur: Don't bother processing if the radius is too small
and handle 8bit source images without upgrading.

* Readded a simple SIMD MMX invert I did a long time ago that does two pixels
at once. This was taken out of the initial release due to an alignment problem.
It will be faster than QImage::invertPixels() on x86 but I got to check it out
against QPainter's raster ops, which are really heavily optimized by now.

* Ported, readded, and tested desaturate, channelIntensity, and fade.

* Moved inlinehsv.h and interpolate.h to the private/ directory.

* Known outstanding issues found while testing: 

ConvolveEdge() produces ugly results with some images. I didn't notice this 
until I tried it with a dithered one. This is probably due to using a cheaper 
integer matrix instead of a floating point one, but I got to look at it more.
Other convolve operations are fine.

Threshold() reduces all images to a 2 color palette and I shouldn't do this if 
there is an alpha channel.

Krazy apparently doesn't like inline or private methods in public headers. 

0.0.2: 07/31/07
* Fixes to build with current KDE SVN. CMake no longer needs any commands for 
moc files and KAboutData had a few changes.

0.0.1: 07/27/07
* Initial public release