- Abstract backup operations to/from the .pc/ directory, so that
optionally something like rcs can be used instead of
- Add something similar to cvs diff, which scans all files for
changes that have not been folded back into their patches,
`for p in $(quilt series); do quilt diff -z $p; done'?
- Allow to add a directory? Then we could detect also new files
in the directory, without having to add them individually.
- Support different diff/patch options for different patches.
(By specifying them in the series file?)
- Add command that generates a summary (patch names + descriptions).
- Add more long-form options, and add some nagative options so that
defaults from .quiltrc can easily be overruled.
- series.conf: Allow to specify options like -R, -u, -Unum, -c,
-Cnum per patch.
- Whenever the contents of the QUILT_PATCHES directory change,
optionally call a trigger so that another tool can keep track of
the patches directory history (e.g., CVS, RCS). Also call the
trigger when the series file changes?
- Check if we can somehow support -p0 style patches that are
applied in subdirectories (patch -d option): There are problems
with relative $QUILT_PATCHES, and likely with several commands.
- wrapper scripts: check with [ -ef ] if the wrapper is the same
as the default binary found to avoid wrappers like awk -> gawk.
- Add some more colors.
- Add the same kind of (optional) pager handling that git has.
- How to import a complete directory before doing wild changes?
- Describe how to work with hard-linked trees
- /etc/quilt.quiltrc and ~/.quiltrc
- diff/refresh: C -c -N -n options
- Subdirectory support
- Prevent spaces in patch names.
- Add option to print the reject to stdout
- If push fails, check if patch can be reversed.
- Add -l option to ignore whitespace changes.
- Check if there are any .orig or .rej files and barf if so.
- The timestamp comparison logic is broken; need to track
last-known timestamps per file.
- Error message when a file is specified that isn't in the
- When a directory is specified, diff all files below it.
- Add an -m option similar to `cvs commit -m "..."' to simplify
keeping a change log in the patch documentation?
- Add option to log the updates of each patch (e.g., append the
output of ``quilt diff -zR'' to patch.log on each update).
- Remove existing diffstat if --diffstat is not specified?
- Improve whitespace stripping
- Add option to replace the currently applied patch with a new
one, by backing out the topmost patch first.
- Also recognize other uses of tar and patch (with options in the
command line), etc.
- Check for actual changes, and remove files again that haven't been
- Print filenames relative to the working directory.
- Improve recipient handling (quote special characters automatically;
encode 8-bit characters).
- Character set handling is missing, too.
- Too many passes of edmail make it a bit slow.
- If someone adds a References header to the intro, the References
header added to patch messages for threading do not append to that
header. They probably should; not sure if duplicate References
headers are valid.
- Add an -R option for reverse-applying a patch.