- check to see if the .onLoad function to require the methods package
(in the AllClass.R file) is needed
-- no, it is not: "Depends: " in DESCRIPTION suffices.
- Should the uplo and diag slots continue to be stored as character?
An alternative is to use a factor as in the enum values for the
-- Leave as character but use care in determining the default cases
-- E.g. Checks for diag slot should check for 'U' or 'u' vs. anything else
- Organization of the source code files - right now they are organized
according to class (e.g. dgeMatrix.R, dgeMatrix.h, dgeMatrix.c). Is
there a better way?
-- This seems ok.
- Fix the calculation of the Dim slot for the crossprod method for
dgCMatrix objects (too tired to do that now).
- spelling style: Should "coersion" be "coercion" ?
-- Yes. Watch for this.
- src/Metis/ : one of the two Makefiles needs fixing, as changing
src/Metis/*.c does not lead to recompilation.
--DB - it seems both Makefiles need fixing. I think I have the
src/Metis/Makefile fixed but not src/Makefile
--DB - now have both working, I believe.
- man/Matrix.Rd : has example with dimnames, but we just drop them!
MM thinks dimnames should be supported (but then ...)
-- added 'Dimnames' slot (2005-02-10)
- bCrosstab(): yes, we really do want the diagonal "V:V" crosstabs.
-- explained a bit more in man/bCrosstab.Rd
- Clean up vestigial functions (pdFactor, pdMatrix, matrix<-) from the
- create a class of permutation matrices for use in expand. The
current expand method for the LU factorization is not complete
because it does not provide the permutation.
- tcrossprod() now works: C code now "exported" via init.c