NEWS for rsync 3.1.3 (28 Jan 2018)
Protocol: 31 (unchanged)
Changes since 3.1.2:
- Fixed a buffer overrun in the protocol's handling of xattr names and
ensure that the received name is null terminated.
- Fix an issue with --protect-args where the user could specify the arg in
the protected-arg list and short-circuit some of the arg-sanitizing code.
- Don't output about a new backup dir without appropriate info verbosity.
- Fixed some issues with the sort functions in support/rsyncstats script.
- Added a way to specify daemon config lists (e.g. users, groups, etc) that
contain spaces (see "auth users" in the latest rsyncd.conf manpage).
- If a backup fails (e.g. full disk) rsync exits with an error.
- Fixed a problem with a doubled --fuzzy option combined with --link-dest.
- Avoid invalid output in the summary if either the start or end time had
- We don't allow a popt alias to affect the --daemon or --server options.
- Fix daemon exclude code to disallow attribute changes in addition to
- Don't force nanoseconds to match if a non-transferred, non-checksummed
file only passed the quick-check w/o comparing nanosecods.
- Added the ability for rsync to compare nanosecond times in its file-check
comparisons, and added support nanosecond times on Mac OS X.
- Added a short-option (-@) for --modify-window.
- Added the --checksum-choice=NAME[,NAME] option to choose the checksum
- Added hashing of xattr names (with using -X) to improve the handling of
files with large numbers of xattrs.
- Added a way to filter xattr names using include/exclude/filter rules (see
the --xattrs option in the manpage for details).
- Added "daemon chroot|uid|gid" to the daemon config (in addition to the
old chroot|uid|gid settings that affect the daemon's transfer process).
- Added "syslog tag" to the daemon configuration.
- Some manpage improvements.
- Tweak the "make" output when yodl isn't around to create the man pages.
- Changed an obsolete autoconf compile macro.
- Support newer yodl versions when converting man pages.