In the spirit of [free software][free-sw], **everyone** is encouraged to help
improve this project.
Here are some ways *you* can contribute:
* by using alpha, beta, and prerelease versions
* by reporting bugs
* by suggesting new features
* by writing or editing documentation
* by writing specifications
* by writing code (**no patch is too small**: fix typos, add comments, clean up
* by refactoring code
* by fixing [issues]
* by reviewing patches
## Submitting an Issue
We use the [GitHub issue tracker][issues] to track bugs and features. Before
submitting a bug report or feature request, check to make sure it hasn't
already been submitted. When submitting a bug report, please include a [Gist]
that includes a stack trace and any details that may be necessary to reproduce
the bug, including your gem version, Ruby version, and operating system.
Ideally, a bug report should include a pull request with failing specs.
## Submitting a Pull Request
1. [Fork the repository.][fork]
2. [Create a topic branch.][branch]
3. Add specs for your unimplemented feature or bug fix.
4. Run `bundle exec rake spec`. If your specs pass, return to step 3.
5. Implement your feature or bug fix.
6. Run `COVERAGE=true bundle exec rake spec`. If your specs fail, return to step 5.
7. Run `open coverage/index.html`. If your changes are not completely covered
by your tests, return to step 3.
8. Add, commit, and push your changes.
9. [Submit a pull request.][pr]